Sign in to follow this  
ARMS

We are the Q

Maybe the Q is our future, coming back to their past, without telling them that is what we'll become.

That'd explain why they are fascinated with us.

Q and the grey taught us that they were not always omnipotent.

I don't think the Q are our future. They don't seem to know much about us for them to be our future evolutionary selves.

How much do we know about our past when we where living in caves? The Q might not interest or know much since they no longer live the same manner we do and there is no common connection.

Exactly Odie, how much do we know of before we became self aware?

If we are their anscestors that'd explain why Q worried about us proceeding to far too fast at Farpoint station..

it's possible that the q are the last evolutionary step and all species who last long enough will ascend to, the q were just the first to ascend.

Interesting theories... Of course, you have to think- if the Q are our future, why is it that they never did anything to help, with anything? Why did they always just play with us?

None interferance policy, to an extent ;)

I like Mowzers theory.

Remember those ancient aliens that seeded our galaxy with life and all species come from them, perhaps they became the Q, and one day we will too.

Interesting theories... Of course, you have to think- if the Q are our future, why is it that they never did anything to help, with anything? Why did they always just play with us?

It is always better to earn or work at something than to get it. It may seem like play to the Q, but it is very serious if you think about it. As children we learn more from play than actually some adult helping how to do it. The Q see us as children and the reason why they still treat us like one. As the famous line Q once said, "If you can't take a bloodly noise go home and get under your bed." I might be off from that quote since I am taking it from memory.

It might not be so far-fetched. "The Q and the Grey" showed that humanoids could enter the Q continum and employ Q weaponry with another Q's help. Of course the main difference is that the Q have powers outside the continum whereas the Voyager crew only had powers inside the continum.

Edited by Lt. Van Roy

I always thought that the reason the q didn't interact with corporial beings was that they saw us as we see ants, they never helped because they never considered it. John DeLancie's Q interaction with corporial or lower beings is kinda like a kid mucking around with an anthill.

It is always better to earn or work at something than to get it. It may seem like play to the Q, but it is very serious if you think about it. As children we learn more from play than actually some adult helping how to do it. The Q see us as children and the reason why they still treat us like one. As the famous line Q once said, "If you can't take a bloodly noise go home and get under your bed." I might be off from that quote since I am taking it from memory.

Exactly!

"What kind of example, would I be setting for my son if I did all the work for you?" Q2

"Children need to grow up, it's the challenge to survive that drives evolution" Caretaker

Both quoted loosely of course, I cannot remember the exact lines.

The Q reached a state where they could survive the creation and destruction of the universe, by dealing with one problem at a time, as we do, making their existence easier, as we do.

That's my theory anyway..

I can't remember which episode of TNG it was but Q did say that the continuum was keeping an eye on humans because they thought that humans would be even more powerful than the Q.

I don't like the character of Q. He is irresponsible, vendicative, jealous, ... he has all the bad emotions of the human beings. I am happy that we aren't Q!!!

Perhaps, as has been posited, it is felt that humanity will indeed evolve even further than the Q (that sounds familiar to me too, but I can't place it); perhaps that means a higher capacity for moral choice. Of course, I would imagine that morality would become extremely boring if one were immortal...