Sign in to follow this  
Treker89

Klingons From Trials And Tribble-ations?

Hey guys I just got done watching Trials and Tribble-ations and I wanted to know what in the world happend to the Klingons, the ones on the show looked human anyone know how they changed to what they look like now?

That's all they could do back on the old show.

And For Star Trek The Motion Picture, They wanted The Klingons To Look more Alien I suppose.

at the Time, Gene Roddenberry Said That "Just Like We Have Different Races Of Humans, There are Different Races Of Klingons" :lol:

Ofcourse, this was long before Kor, Kang, And Koloth showed up on DS9 in Full Klingon Makeup. <_<

Next up was the DS9 episode Trials and Tribbl-ations, here, Worf says what happened was something the Klingons do not speak (with outsiders?) of.

I like Roddenberrys idea of different kinds of Klingons. This makes some sense especially now that ENT has exposed the fact there are also different classes of Klingons (Judgement) still, that don’t address the issue of why three Klingons from TOS showed up on DS9 sporting ridges (unless they became involved in a Genetic experiment (?)

Stardate:213605.7

My question is why dont the Klingons look like that in ENT?????

Imo the whole issue could be put to rest once and for all if they would only write an ENT eposide (or two) with ridgeless Klingons.

Here's the deal:

Klingons were allways ment to look as they did in the TOS movies and onward. The reason why they were human-looking in TOS was because they simply didn't have the make-up nor the budget to pull it off. This is why TOS Klingons seen in DS9 sport the new look and why Klingons on ENT also sport the new look.

As for DS9's "Trials and Tribble-ations", the whole "Those are Klingons?" and Worf saying, "We do not speak of it to outsiders." deal was merely an in-joke, it wasn't ment to be taken serriously.

They "can" explain this away if they decide too, but if they don't, not a problem for me. I just enjoy the show. (Well, except for episodes like "Bounty" <_< )

I believe I saw on the Special Features on ST:TMP..or maybe It was something I read... <_<

Anyway, Roddenberry wanted to keep them looking Human, but I believe the Director convinced him other wise. Or something like that. That's Basicly what happened.

That's all they could do back on the old show.

And For Star Trek The Motion Picture, They wanted The Klingons To Look more Alien I suppose.

at the Time, Gene Roddenberry Said That "Just Like We Have Different Races Of Humans, There are Different Races Of Klingons"  :lol:

Ofcourse, this was long before Kor, Kang, And Koloth showed up on DS9 in Full Klingon Makeup.  <_<

The different races of a species was also used to explain the differences in how the Trill hosts looked in TNG compared to Dax on DS9.

As for the Klingons you can also add in Kahless. If you recall there was an episode of TOS that Kahless was in and he was ridgeless but the clone of Kahless in TNG was ridged.

Everyone wonders why Klingons don't look like they did in TOS, but how do you know that they do not change in appearance sometime after ENT to become the TOS Klingon and then revert back just in time for the movies.