Sign in to follow this  
roguedawg

changelings other than the founders

I remember wondering during the Dominion War saga on DS9,why the Federation and its alpha quadrant allies did not use changelings like the chameloids or the Vandorians(okay,they only appeared in the non-official toon trek,but Picard mentioned them on a TNG episode)in espionage/military ops against the Dominion?Even if these races weren't friendly toward the UFP,surely they could have enticed a few to spy for them.Just a thought. :look:

There was a changling used in TNG season 2 episode The Dauphin, it was the protector.

240x320.jpg

It is an Allasomorph from the third moon of Daled IV.

Stardate:213595.9

What about the changeling in Star Trek 6?I wonder why we never saw anymore of them after that movie.Whats was that race called anyways?

Stardate:213595.9

What about the changeling in Star Trek 6?I wonder why we never saw anymore of them after that movie.Whats was that race called anyways?

They are the "Chameloids" mentioned in the first post on this thread. That's the one Kirk kisses.

We probably never really see the other changlings for just that reason, they are changlings. Any species that evolves to such a state most likely would have done so because disguising themselves would have made them more likely to survive. (darwinian theory) According to this, it would be logical to assume that they naturally hide their true nature from "solids". Well, thats the way I see it, I suppose there could be other explanations.