Sign in to follow this  
Mikey

Star Trek: Cavaliar

I'm trying my hand at writing fan-fic. Its set in about 2745.

Star Trek: Cavalier

Chapter One, pt. I

It was a hive of activity. Every species in the Federation was present it seemed like. Commander Jer Lavel was rushing and dodging through all the traffic. He was a Bal’fa Laf. He was tall, and covered in brown fur, and had a lizard like head. He had two bats like wings, and a long tail that ended in four scythe-like blades.

He had a duffel bag on his right shoulder. When he entered the hanger bay, Lavel stood on his tiptoes. He spotted his shuttle. It was sitting at the other end of the shuttle.

He was made it in time as the shuttle started its impulse engines. He ran into the Starfleet cabin, which would be called first-class on an EarVul Starliner. Lavel scanned the cabin to find only a single seat un-occupied. It was next to a Felen female. The Felen was covered in black and cream-colored fur, and was sleeping.

He walked over there, and sat down. He put his duffel bag on the overhead rack, and pulled out a PADD, and activated it. The wine of impulse engines increased. He pulled up the book The Lucifer Canal, a story about an alternate universe set seven hundred years ago.

The wine of impulse engines was taken over by the high-pitched sound of the shuttle entering slipstream. The Felen stirred. She turned so he could now see her rank. She wore the two gold pips and one black one of a lieutenant commander. She had the undershirt color of green, a Marine.

About half way into the uneventful trip, Lavel coughed. The Felen woke-up with a jolt.

“What?” she asked drowsily.

“Oh, sorry for waking you.” Lavel said.

“That’s okay,” the Felen replied. “I was about to wake up, when ever this trip ended. Oh well. Who cares? My name is Major Ren’re Gwere, and I’m the new Marine detachment commander for the Cavalier.”

“My name is Commander Jer Lavel, and I’m the new XO for the Cavalier.” Lavel said.

For the rest of the trip, the two talked on and on. Finally, after several more hours, the shuttle stopped and arrived to the destination. The system, Bin’kali was a system choked with millions of class-D planetoids and asteroids. It was owned jointly by the Federation and the Mining Guild.

“All out for the Cavalier, Jean-luc Picard, Firebird, and Starbase 7439.” Said the shuttle’s captain. As Lavel got up to get his duffel bag, Ren’re pulled him back down.

“So, I’ll see you tomorrow at seven.” She said.

“What?” Lavel asked. Wait, she’s asking me…”Um, sure.”

Captain Levi Jones paced the bridge of his new starship, the Tsunami. The Tsunami is a Thunderchild-class patrol frigate. The Thunderchild-class is the direct descendent of the New Orleans frigate, and the Nebula-class cruiser form the 24th century.

“Anything yet?” Levi asked the ops officer.

“Sorry sir, not yet.” The ops officer replied. He was an Andorian, and named Q’mpe Hertel.

“Damn, well keep looking.” Levi said, frustrated. He was looking for a lost Federation ship. A Hiroshima-class pocket-or light, depending on who you asked-battleship. Lost three weeks ago, he and the Tsunami had been looking for it for the last week.

“Sir, I have something!” Screamed Q’mpe.

“What?” asked half the bridge crew.

“Its faint. Its sensor profile is almost the like the Insurrection’s, but the computer says it’s only a 70% chance that it is the Insurrection.” Q’mpe replied.

“Okay, have the Marine detachment meet me in shuttlebay one.” Levi ordered. “Number one, you have the bridge.”

“But sir, you can’t.” his XO replied. She was a Gern, a close relative to the Romulans. “Starfleet General Order Numb…”

“Yes, but this is personal. And I have my orders from Starfleet to board that ship.” Levi interrupted. “Order the Marines into combat suits. Also, I want medical teams with us too.”

In a few minutes, Levi walked into shuttlebay one. Sitting in the middle was a Lambda-class assault shuttle, with