Sign in to follow this  
Dark Reality

Speculate: Borg assimilates Founder

Speculate on what would happen if the Borg assimilated a Dominion Founder - or better yet, the Great Link itself.

Would the Borg learn how to manufacture Jem'hadar troops, and if so, do you think they would breed them (minus the Ketracel White addiction) and then assimilate them at birth (not to add their biological distinctiveness to their own, but as soldiers)?

Would the Borg be able to adapt Shapeshifting to every Borg, or at least have Changeling Borg?

Sorry if this has been asked before. And sorry if it's a stupid question, I just realized that the Borg aren't in DS9 (besides the first episode) and started thinking about what their presence would add.

Well the way the borg assimilate is by sending nanoprobes through the blood stream and the body to create more nanoprobes and other things. Changelings do not have a blood stream, the changelings are liquid so when the nanoprobes enter the changeling the changeling would go liquid and the nanoprobes would leave the body. So a changeling probably can't be assimilated.

I had never really thought about this but I'd say no because changeling's are not naturally humanoid in form so I'd say they'd be incompatible just for that reason.

Considering the problems the Borg had with their attempts to assimilate non-humanoid species (such as Species 8472) I could see them not being able to do it.

In that case, it would do well for Starfleet to have liquid life-forms incorporated in their anti-Borg teams.