Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

youbroughtheryouRiker

Two raises.

ok, so other than the bits about how much I've been posting, I haven't done a lot of celebrating here. Certainly not about myself. But this just makes my month so much, I feel I have to share.

I work two jobs. One I love, but don't get near enough hours. The other pays the bills, and that's about the only good thing about it. They have one awesome thing in common: I just got a raise at both places. The one, the raise is a quarter. Not significant, but welcome nonetheless. The other one is substantial. Over two dollars. I don't often feel I'm underpaid, though sometimes I joke about it as we all do at times. But this was a time I definitely had been. Having been there for three years without getting raise, training people who were hired in for more than me, getting woken up to help fix others' mistakes (and some of it absurdly simple stuff too)... this substantial raise has definitely been coming for me for awhile now. I'm just glad I have a GM who agrees, and got around to it before being forced to by minimum wage increases that take effect in October.

By my rough estimates, it'll mean an extra $130/month for me.

So yeah, you can see why I'm in the mood to celebrate tonight.

B)

Congratulations! B) Sounds like it was long overdue. I was pleased this week to get an annual raise approved. You mention a mandatory minimum wage increase in October. Will you get that increase too?