Sign in to follow this  
APW

Moving Again

Well I'm moving again.

Just across town this time and not across the country. I've found a great little apartment in an upscale gated community in northeast Fresno. Where I presently live (central Fresno), the crime rate has exploded. I have to run heroine junkies and crack addicts out of my garage almost every other morning (they break in to use drugs and sleep...they've been pooping in my garage as well. Yeah, real nice.) And I can't let my younger relatives play in the backyard anymore because of all the used syringes, condoms, and other such items tossed over the fence from the alley. There's prostitution, and overly aggressive panhandlers at every corner market. The usual crap that goes on in such neighborhoods. Anyway, I'm outta here noon tomorrow. :borg2:

I should have my Internet services back up 'n running next week at the latest. I hope. B)

Until then, God bless everybody!

Today (or rather, yesterday) was interesting.

I spent the first half of the day arguing with the local utilities company (monopoly). I called to transfer services to my new home. I gave them the address. They told me that the address didn't exist. So I called the property management company to confirm the addy. I had it right the first time. I called the utilities company back. And spent an hour arguing about whether or not my house existed or not. Which was funny as I was at the new house. Finally the utilities rep told me to call back tomorrow. A few moments later a technician from said company arrived at my new home and switched off the power (left on under the former tenants account). I told him what had happened. He laughed. Asked him to call his company and confirm the addy. He was too busy and left.

Now I suppose I'll spend tomorrow arguing about my home's existance again. tongue.gif

Friends helped me move about one-fifth of my belongings. We got a late start (not because of the call). We're finishing up Saturday. I had to come back to the old house until the power is restored at my new house.....as my youngest sister (who is handicapped) requires a cool, air conditioned environment. The temperature was nearly 100-degrees farenheit today (yesterday) with 80% humidity and zero wind. She would have cooked in the new place.

So, that's about all I did today......

BTW, I've been up since 8 a.m. Thursday morning. It is now 1:10 a.m. Friday morning. Insomnia. cry.gif

And I have another busy day later on. Starting at eleven. (bangs head on pc monitor).

(MANVERU)

No. The local cops have abandoned the neighborhood, which is why its snowballed. Which is why I'm leaving. It's an election year here, so the local politicians are making a big deal of fixing roads and shaking hands, but they won't remember this part of town after the election. They never do.

(KOR)

Thanks! It looks pretty nice. And anyway, my neighbors are an elderly couple. Which is great since I'm looking forward to some peace and quiet. Here in the old neighborhood rap music starts blaring around 9 in the morning every weekend and keeps going until 2 a.m.

If there are a lot of older people in your new neighborhood, you can also look forward to people having their pants hitched waaay up past the navel rather than down close to the knees like in your old neighborhood.... B)

(Kor)

Yeah, there is that. B)

After a morning of pitched combat (over the phone) with Pacific Gas & Electric, I finally convinced them that my new apartment does in fact exist. crazy.gif

Power will be switched on Monday morning. Which means I'll be about 48-hours without power in-between starting tomorrow night. Can't be helped.

So I'm going to buy my sister some sort of battery-powered fan. My nephew and I can sweat it out. Today has been hot, but not so bad as yesterday. And the humidity is also not as bad.

Heck, I used to weather summers in southeast Missouri. If I can handle Ozark humidity, Fresno will be a cake walk. grinning.gif

Other than that everything's super.

My buddy is going to help me finish hauling my stuff away in the morning. He was really busy today, otherwise I'd be moving now. 'till then I'm still at my old place, surrounded by cardboard boxes of all shapes and sizes, sitting on the floor tapping away at this keyboard.