Sign in to follow this  
VaBeachGuy

Upgraded

Just curious " What's Hot Bot Spider " in members online ?  :laugh:

Here's how VBG explained spiders:

A Spider is something a search engine like Google sends out to crawl the web for information. So when you search on Google or Yahoo for something like lets say "Doctored Pictures of VBG" these spiders out on the web start searching and if they find something they report it back to the google or Yahoo search for display.

The Hot Bot spider is a spider sent out by the search engine Hot Bot.

The Spider is an automated "robot" of sorts that search engines send out to index the web. This Spider is going through the postings and making an index so that when people search their search engine for something, like the name Quark they can give that person different instances of Quark online. We may come up in that search because of "Quarks Bar". The Spiders have been indexing our site for about a week or so now.

Just curious " What's Hot Bot Spider " in members online ?  :laugh:

Here's how VBG explained spiders:

A Spider is something a search engine like Google sends out to crawl the web for information. So when you search on Google or Yahoo for something like lets say "Doctored Pictures of VBG" these spiders out on the web start searching and if they find something they report it back to the google or Yahoo search for display.

The Hot Bot spider is a spider sent out by the search engine Hot Bot.

oh ! :laugh: :lol: I must keep them pretty busy then. :cheese:

Stardate:213581.1

I love the new upgrade.So far all the regular features andsome of the new featureshave worked.Although I dont like the shade ofglow red in the signature

I like the part where you can put your picture in your profile. If you go to My Controls there is a link to Edit Your Personal Picture (or something to that effect) and you can put your picture there. If you click on Members at the top of the board page there is a little box in the Members area where you can search for only members who have pictures - I think there are only a few of us who have used this feature so far but you can check it out if you want.

Also when you click on the profile icon (the PADD) on a person's post the picture will show up there too with the other information.

It is cool and i like having a whole new place to put a picture! Its great! and for us poor spellers, spell check is wonderful!

:P :P

You may now notice that there is a t_qr.gif. This is for a quick reply, makes things go even faster but doesn't have all the options that a regular reply has.

I love the the new look! I haven't been here for awhile and so when I logged in it was very cool! The spell check feature is so cool! and the fast reply is awesome (testing it now btw) Thank you VBG!!! It looks great!