Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A l t e r E g o

Some San Deigo Attractions

Here's a sampling of things from the Zoo, Sea World and the Wild Animal Park for your browsing pleasure...

IMAG0029.JPG

IMAG0003.JPG

IMAG0040.JPG

IMAG0047.JPG

IMAG0069.JPG

IMAG0074.JPG

IMAG0195.JPG

IMAG0209.JPG

Hugh tethered helium balloon: (additional $$$ required)

IMAG0205.JPG

IMAG0212.JPG

IMAG0213.JPG

California Condor:

IMAG0222.JPG

IMAG0224.JPG

IMAG0236.JPG

IMAG0239.JPG

IMAG0242.JPG

IMAG0249.JPG

IMAG0255.JPG

IMAG0260.JPG

IMAG0262.JPG

The Mountain Goat habitat, they ate all the vegitation down to rock:

IMAG0284.JPG

The pond where dinos where seen wading in Jurassic Park: (different angle and without CG enhancements)

IMAG0299.JPG

How many Mountain Goats can you see:

IMAG0309.JPG

IMAG0312.JPG

IMAG0325.JPG

IMAG0323.JPG

Native endangered species:

IMAG0330.JPG

Cool pics AE. Thanks for sharing them!

Did you wander around Balboa Park outside of the Zoo at all or go to any of the museums there? Did you go by any of the beaches? Did you go out on Corondo Island at all? I love San Diego and was stationed near there, at NAS Miramar, during the service, MANY years ago. Have only been back a couple times since, but it is always fun. :laugh:

You're welcome trekz. We have been to those places but not since we got the digital camera. We'll be checking them out again someday and I'll be sure to get some shots of them all to share here. The Service brought me here, (in 73) too and the great weather made me stay!

I never lived in San Diego, but I suppose you could say the Service took me there. The JROTC Field trip Senior year. Senior year was the fun trip. Almost everyone was out preparing for Iraqi Freedom, so we didn't do any ship tours. We visited an S-3 Squadron, an SH-60 squadron, did the wet trainer, and we also went to Seaworld and Disney

You're welcome trekz. We have been to those places but not since we got the digital camera. We'll be checking them out again someday and I'll be sure to get some shots of them all to share here. The Service brought me here, (in 73) too and the great weather made me stay!

Interesting! I was out there from Dec. 1972 to mid 1975, with a full Pacific cruise in 1973 and a part of a cruise in 1975, until I got out a bit early to go back to college. I have a friend I served with from Nebraska that goes back to San Diego a few times a year.

I look forward to more pictures of a beautiful place with some great memories: beaches, Padres games, and even some basketball and hockey games there.

I have a friend out there now, he graduates from SDSU in like 2 weeks. Actually he's more than a friend, He's the only guy other than Gary that I ever went out with...

How many Mountain Goats can you see:

post-2-1147374491_thumb.jpg

I counted 13 for sure, possibly 14 or 15 that could have been rocks or mountain goats.