Sign in to follow this  
master_q

Old & Interesting Berman Interviews

Old & Interesting Berman Interviews

Berman; “ST borders ... on the silly”

"It's wrong to say I'm opposed to such things. I have been opposed to gag reels simply because Star Trek is something that always borders on the silly," he explains. "You've got actors walking around in prosthetic masks. You've got people flying at impossible speeds and spaceships defying gravity. You've got a lot of things that are accepted, but that are almost scientifically ridiculous. It's so easy to turn it into a parody. I've been asked to put together an Enterprise blooper reel for a CBS project, and I agreed to do it. So I'm loosening up a little in that area. And a lot of the reason we didn't do blooper reels for The Next Generation was that Patrick was very opposed to them as well."

--Rick Berman

Should we end the Berman regime?

(I SAY YES)

In this article he also really addresses ENT and how he does not think it needs to line up or parallel with the ST timeline.

Master Q

StarTrek_Master_Q@yahoo.com

Rick Berman is space poop. Did Gene Roddenbery think Star Trek was "silly" when he gave us a vision of what humanity COULD be? I suppose you could just watch these shows and think of all the masks and special effects, but I think ´Trek is much more than what Berman puts it down to be.

Let's try and not flame the man for having an opinion, A OK? :biggrin:

No one is “flaming” him.

We are stating an opinion just like Berman did.

Master Q

I've been thinking that Berman should be ousted for years. His attitudes toward Star trek really illustrates the reason why ST is having probelms. IMO Berman looks at Trek as a product and nothing else. I also have the impression that he thinks the fans are willing to except anything he pushes on us mediocre or not. Sure Star Trek is a product but its always been something more to me and a whole lot of people. Having someone with that attitude running things is a definite disservice to us.

I also have the impression that he thinks the fans are willing to except anything he pushes on us mediocre or not.

Sometimes it actually does feel like that

Not only with Berman but some fans seem to follow the show blindly

Master Q

Yeah, Berman doesn't quite understand what Star Trek is supposed to be. Enterprise is still good and all. It still entertains me, but it still isn't the same. Gene forever!

Sign in to follow this