Sign in to follow this  
Capt_Picard

More computer problems...

This time it's a hardwear problem (using a friend' computers) and That is something I can't fix. On Sunday I had just got everything back to normal on my latp top and had finshed some papers for classes at college and the laptop turned off. I thought it might be from it be unplug and running only on batter, but it was plugged in and when I pulled that battery out it read full. I plugged them both back in and then I notice the chrage light wasn't on... that is noy a good sign. I unplugged the laptop, removed that battery held the on key to dischrage any left over power, reset the CMos battery, and let it sit for one hour. I plugged it back in and after three tries I got a chrage light and it turned on. I got to the log on screen and it went down again. To add to more of my luck my laptop is now out of warrenty... So, even if I do send it to gateway to get fix it will be near $100... I hope.

See you when I can.

sounds like.. you have problems with the connection between your battery and .. well, the rest of the computer. take it to a local computer shop, and pay the money to get fixed. You do not want to keep using it as is and eventually having the battery go postal and not work anymore and then have to buy a new battery.