Sign in to follow this  
VaBeachGuy

Andy Griffith on the moon?

Probably very few people remember this show and I'm sure that if you were born after about 1972 you are too young to remember it. But does anyone else remember Salvage 1?

Sprite14.gif

I loved the 2 hour movie they made in 1979 about flying to the moon to slavage it and bring back Apollo artifacts. I wish I clould find it to download or buy. I would love to see it again!

space.jpg

I remember it... I remember that Griffiths crew were using old and somewhat rickety equipment too. I think it lasted one season. BTW I think they use to shpw it on the Sci-Fi channel before it started to suck.

I remember it...  I remember that Griffiths crew were using old and somewhat rickety equipment too.  I think it lasted one season.  BTW I think they use to shpw it on the Sci-Fi channel before it started to suck.

They used a cement truck as the crew compartment lol.

I just wish someone had it online to download. I'll keep looking for it. This is one instance where the TV system like I've been talking about wold come in handy. I could type in the name of the show and have it on in minutes.

No I only have the two hour movie. It just happened to be on like on a saturday like on the noon movie or something like that. I will have to see if I still have it but I am pretty shure I have that. If you want I can see if I can make it into a mpeg file so you could download it?

OMG!  There was an Andy Griffith TV show about flying to the moon? :saintdevil:

Yep, but only the pilot was about going to the moon. The rest of the series was about various other things they would do while flying their Cement Truk spaceship around.

As a 10 year old boy fascinated with the moon I loved it, as an adult I don't know how good it would have been lol.

No I only have the two hour movie.  It just happened to be on like on a saturday like on the noon movie or something like that.  I will have to see if I still have it but I am pretty shure I have that.  If you want I can see if I can make it into a mpeg file so you could download it?

That would be great, I've looked for it but can never find it.

I remember! I remember! I think I watched every episode although I don't remember much about them now. For some reason the gear shift they used to change rocket stages (or something) sticks in my mind.

OMG, do I feel old now!

VBG, did you know Andy Griffith has a house on the Outer Banks and spends his summers there with his wife Cindy? On Roanoke Island just north of Manteo he has a nice ranch style house hidden behind a bunch of trees,all you can see is his driveway.

His first professional acting gig was on stage at the Lost Colony outdoor drama,just down the road from his house there. He use to come backstage with Cindy and hangout with us before the show, and alot of times they would ride by the backstage on his pontoon boat and we would all line up along the beach waving and hollering "HEY ANDY!!!"

I've been to his house a couple of times and Andy is a very gracious and kindly southern gentleman who is a big supporter of the Lost Colony. I feel honored to know him.

I'm not sure if I knew he had a house on the Outer Banks or not. I did know he lived in NC though.

I bet he is a nice guy, you can never really tell of course but he just seems like he'd be cool to know.

i vaguely remember something about it, sadly it was when you mentioened the cement truck space ship that it struck me. lol. im right on your line i was born in '71 but it kinda rings a bell