Sign in to follow this  
APW

New PC Monitor

Just a question.

I'm going to be shopping around for a new monitor (CRT) for my PC (HP Pavilion a814x). And I was wondering, will any CRT monitor work with the computer, or will I have to buy an HP monitor? Because I found a really cheap (relatively cheap...$110.00) monitor produced by gateway. But the cheapest HP monitor I could find was about $60 more.

This afternoon, I noticed a discolored blotch in the upper left-hand corner of my monitor screen and a second area of discoloration running along the length of the extreme right-hand side of the screen. I think that may mean the monitor is dying on me. Probably from too much use. Between me and my nephew and sister, it is generally active 14 or more hours a day....every day. :borg2: (Yes. I have no social life.)

It should be fine. I had an HP computer with a non-HP monitor to go with it. I can't remember off-hand who made the monitor, but it worked just fine. I'm now using the same monitor with my new computer as well.

If the monitor can connect to the computer, you should be able to use it just fine, no matter who makes it.

Yeah, I don't think the brand of monitor has to match up with the computer. We've got an Compaq computer with a ViewSonic monitor, Bose speakers, and a Targus mouse...It's all interchangeable :borg2: