Sign in to follow this  
Capt_Picard

Steelers Get Ring, We Get The Finger

Ken Schram Commentary: Steelers Get Ring, We Get The Finger

February 6, 2006

By Ken Schram ken_schram.jpg

SEATTLE - A few of my colleagues here in the KOMO 4 newsroom have proclaimed that I'm a sore loser.

Not withstanding the fact that they're 'Stealer' fans, they're right.

The way I figure it, Sunday's Super Bowl score should have been 21-14, Seahawks.

That's what it would have been except for the 'Stealers' ' secret weapon: The officials.

I sure hope someone is checking referee Bill Leavy's bank account today.

The way he called the game Sunday, I'm surprised that when it was all over, he didn't run up to the camera to exclaim: "I'M GOING TO DISNEYWORLD, 'CAUSE NOW I OWN IT!"

The Seahawks would have been better off if Stevie Wonder had been given a striped shirt and whistle so that he could call the game, leaving Bill Leavy to sing "My Cherie Amore."

Sour grapes?

You know it.

Sure, mistakes made by the Seahawks kept them from scoring more, but the unbelievably bad calls from Bill Leavy and crew stole away all the points that were needed to win.

The 'Stealers' say they wanted on more win "...for the thumb."

In the process, the Seahawks just got the finger.

So, when those folks I work with call me a sore loser, the only retort I have for them is: Damn Right!

By the way, if you want to make your thoughts known to the NFL, you can write to them at:

National Football League

280 Park Avenue

New York, NY 10017

Or call 1-212-450-2000

Want to share your thoughts with Ken Schram? You can e-mail him at kenschram@komo4news.com

So, what do you think?

Ken, Ken, Ken...Sure, Matt Hasselbeck played better than Ben Rothlesburger, but on the whole, the STEELERS played better ball than the SEAHAWKS. And yes, the officials are a few eyes short of being classified as "Cyclopse's" but, still, Seattle just didn't get it done.

hmm, The Steelers were able to overcome horrible Officating in the Indy Game, a sign of a Championship team, also the Steelers evenif Big Ben Couldn't pass, had other ways to make plays happen, this dude needs to stop crying about the lost, a team was gonna win a team was gonna lose, look the seahawks had a good season, but this wasn't their year, The Steelers D, took over and held the League MVP to under a 100 yeards, thats what I think won the game

OK, there was that touchdown the Steelers had 2 minutes before the halftime that they shouldn't have had (even some Steelers fans at our party admitted that ball touched ground before it crossed the line) and there was also some bad officiating that robbed the Seahawks of a touchdown.

But you know what? It wouldn't have made a difference. The Steelers still would have won.

"We knew it was going to be tough going against the Pittsburgh Steelers -- I didn't know we were going to have to play the guys in the stripped shirts as well."

Well... he's taking it well.

From a Steeler fan site I found

Memo to Mike Holmgren, Seahawk fan(s), and Steeler haters: Dear yinz:

walrus.jpg

I'm really sorry that the refs took your Super Bowl away from you. While you're crying, it might be neat-o for you to watch the replay of the Steelers-Colts playoff game from this year to see how a real team overcomes questionable officiating. Somehow, even though the Steelers got totally ripped off by the officials in that game, they still won.

Oh, and coach Holmgren... I'm not hearing the NFL apologize to yinz after admitting they made wrong calls. Maybe that's because they didn't make any wrong calls. Questionable? Sure. Wrong? Nope.

Eat it, walrus.

Yep.

I just watched the latest Inside the NFL on HBO and the guys went over each of 5 questionable plays frame by frame, and when it was all said and done, I really only saw a single call that I would call bad. And that play had no real impact on the course of the game .

So the Steelers won. End of story.

All Seattle's sports writers and Ken Schram are doing is making the city look like a bunch of cry babies.

Still, with the Pittsburgh-Indy game still fresh in my mind, I have to think the NFL is going to make some changes with it's officiating between now and next season (which is, I'm happy to say, only 4 months or so away :laugh: ).