Sign in to follow this  
Capt_Picard

Last New Year for Richard Clark?

I was watching ABC and heard him talk... he doesn't have that many years left in him so this could have been his last time rocking in the new year... any input?

I hope Sea...crust, or whatever his name is doesn't get his job. I'll do it... I need a job work winter break next year and that would be great and I bet it pays well!

I felt sorry for him, to be honest.

The man's a New Year's institution. But if he decided that 2006 was the end, then that's okay with me. It sure will be odd not hearing him every December, 31st ringing in the new year, though.

I felt sorry for him that someone convinced him to put in an appearance this year. I was shocked at his appearance and lack of speaking ability. I would rather have remembered him as the "World's Oldest Teenager".

Oh.....and the heck with the censors. His name is D.ick Clark!!!

Edited by Kor37

D!ck Clark needs to resign and live rest of his life in peace. Yes, he would be missed, but its time to pass it on to someone else.

The only reason he would keep on working is because he doesn't want Seamist... Seamust... Seacrust... whatever that guy name is getting his job and I don't blame him for that.

I remember reading last year or so ago that Dlck was gradually gonna phase out the hosting duties to Ryan Seacrest. In other words, he's already got the job. It'd be much more preferable if the reins were handed over to someone who's a bit more established than Seacrest. Someone in their late 30s or early 40s. Dlck accomplished so much more before he even started doing the New Year's show. Why shouldn't the next host be required to be able to claim that as well?

I never watched New Year's Rockin' Eve, truthfully. I'll miss Clark's contributions to radio more than TV. He's only recently made public the fact that he has Type II Diabetes, but I didn't think it was gonna age him like that, especially since he was supposedly keeping it under control. What a shock from last year, though.

You know it was time for D!ck to retire when they asked what he thought of the ball dropping and D!ck said "Its got a great beat and you can dance to it"........................

i've heard the talk of ryan seacrest taking over. oh the humanity of it! there's only so much seacrest out one person can take. i've grown up watching Richard clark on new year's. it's hard to imagine someone else.

tm B)