Sign in to follow this  
Mike

StarTrek.com Keeping Its Doors Open

In a year that has not been good to Star Trek fans there is finally some good news to report. According to the Forum Boards over at StarTrek.com, the landmark Website will not be closing down on December 31, 2005 as had been reported earlier this month.

Due to the overwhelming response from sci-fi fans worldwide, Paramount has decided to keep the site up and running as a tribute to the venerable 40 year old franchise.

That is welcome news to Star Trek fans everywhere. StarTrek.com was and still is the Mothership of accurate Star Trek information and we here at Slice of Sci-Fi are very pleased that it will remain with us for the forseeable future.

Star Trek fans --- give yourselves a pat on the back for one important victory this harrowing year.

Slice of Sci Fi

I never visit the messageboards, due to the *** that goes on over there, but I'm so glad for the site!

WWWWWWWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Live Long and Prosper, Santa! My wish came true!

Indeed I'm happy that the site will still be online still has the most accurate Trek info there is (and STF.NET is also a good addition to ST.COM).

B) B) B) B)

Edited by LoveMalePecs1

stsf.net is the website for the Star Trek Simulation Forum. I'm a member. Even though there is obviously a close relation between STSF and startrek.com they are in fact separate organizations.

Plus......its a lot of fun invading the sim rooms and using them for chatrooms............

yeah. here's to me winning another contest next year. B) just kidding. it's great to hear. i've used the info from startrek.com for school projects. i think i'd be lost without it.

tm

WOOO HOOO!!!!!!!!

B) Looks like I'm in trouble B)

Well I'm happy anyway, even if I have to call Manveru "Master" for the rest of his life B)

WOOO HOOO!!!!!!!!

B) Looks like I'm in trouble B)

Well I'm happy anyway, even if I have to call Manveru "Master" for the rest of his life B)

MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

If the site were in danger of closing (possibly due to Paramount or TPTB as you call them here not wanting to pay to keep it up) why don't some fans or a fan who can afford it offer to take over costs and maintenance of the site. How big can it really be? Maybe drop any video clips (if any) and shutting down its forum would cut bandwidth costs, especially if it's all junk anyway, but just the images and text/code? Someone ought to mirror it, but they'd need permission.