Sign in to follow this  
Itchygomba69

Starship Troopers

Has anyone else seen this movie, I like it, when the promoted the movie they did it wrong, i am wondering how much I can get it on DVD, and man Denise Richards can't act! But besides that a good fun movie

ooh, I love this movie.

The sequel sucked big time.

I'm such a fan of it, I even have a military uniform, and dress uniform. Of both Fleet and Mobile infantry, oh, and I also have all of the ranks and patches.

I love the story line of this movie, I'd love to see some more stuff come out about it

ooh, I love this movie.

The sequel sucked big time.

I'm such a fan of it, I even have a military uniform, and dress uniform. Of both Fleet and Mobile infantry, oh, and I also have all of the ranks and patches.

I love the story line of this movie, I'd love to see some more stuff come out about it

You do know about the CGI-animated series right? "Roughnecks: The Starship Trooper Chronicles"

what makes it suck so bad, cause I'm hearing how bad it is I now want to see is it bad like Showa Godzilla bad, that its fun or its bad like 13 Ghosts bad where if you watch it your IQ drops 4 points?

Loved ST. Never saw the Roughnecks series, how is it?

Roughnecks was good. Quality CGI and the bugs looks nearly idenitcal to their appearances in the movie. It doesn't really relate to the movie well. The characters of Razak (spelled this way in the series), Rico, Flores, Jenkins, Ibanez and Barkalow are all in it, the last two being strictly pilots who are not in every episode.

The show ran 37 episodes and is broken into a series of campaigns and took place about ten years after "Operation Pest Control" when the bug presence on Pluto was uncovered and Earth nearly wiped them out. Ten years later they're back and Earth is going in again (Pluto Campaign). Anyway they fight bugs on Pluto, then they discover a carrier bug which can travel in space which leads them to a planet called Hydora (Hydora Campaign), followed by the Tophet Campaign, the Tesca Campaign, the Zephyr Campaign (which is the name of their ship when they are marooned on an asteroid), the Klendathu Campaign, and finally Earth.

A lot of the same elements are retained, such as the appearance of the initial species of Bugs on Pluto and the Brain bug is found on Hydora, after they introduce many different bugs and even some other aliens (known as Skinnies native to Tophet and were controlled by the bugs).

This is my rough memory of the series as I did not see every episode and the ones that I did see were not in order but I have done a bit of reading on the show.

Here's the wikipedia site: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roughnecks:_S...pers_Chronicles

Starship Troopers is based on a book by Robert Heinlein, a great sci fi writer. The first movie was okay, as long as you could accept the style of the film, which is cartoonish and includes inserts of heavy military propganda. But Heinlein often wrote stories with positive military themes, and was himself very pro-miliatary. There was good characterization in the first film, and the youths doing the fighting were connected to one another. It wasn't just a lot of fighting and dying...there was a feeling of the loss and the difficulty of going on. One minute you were fighting with your good friends at your side, the next minute they are all violently killed, and yet you keep going, focused on the fight.

Who knows who wrote this second film. The second film is dark, and intially hard to follow. I mean, even the battle scenes take place in the dark. You don't have many of the massive battles you had in the first film. You don't know much about the people in dire circumstances, and it is kind of gross. The bugs have found a way to infiltrate the human body, take it over, and they are planning to replace human commanders. That's the idea. It is a watchable film, and I did watch it. It is just that I do not feel compelled to rewatch it. It is defintely of lower quality than the first film.

I watch Starship Troopers whenever it comes on television, if I get to decide what we are watching.

what makes it suck so bad, cause I'm hearing how bad it is I now want to see is it bad like Showa Godzilla bad, that its fun or its bad like 13 Ghosts bad where if you watch it your IQ drops 4 points?

Same here, I heard it sucked but wanted to see for myself; thirty minutes in I was telling myself I should have listened and gave it up.

It was not imo 'fun-bad' just BAD, everything about it was just mind-numbingly stupid; "Worst sequel ever!"

Thanks Jack, Roughnecks sounds like a production simular to the original. Too bad it didn't get a proper ending though.

First movie was great, haven't seen number two yet, and I did watch most of the CGI show. Very good and also had a new ET in there that were fighting the bugs to. If you can find it watch it!

i actually prefer the movie to the book, the books last plot twist (i'm not telling) makes the book seem silly. that movie was the first HORROR(of sorts) that i saw and i loved it!!!!!