Sign in to follow this  
Sgt. Phaserman

You be the GM and the Coach...

Okay, pick a troubled Pro Sports team and tell us how you'd fix their problems. I'll start, by choosing my favorite. The Packers.

1st: Move Mark Tauscher (T #65) to Gaurd. He is comfortable there. Replace him at tackle with Kevin Barry, who is very good.

2. Use some of the expected $30 million in cap room to find a good gaurd to start opposite Tauscher.

3. Resign Gado, Green, and Davenport to 3 year deals.

4. Sign Terrell Owens (YES, I SAID IT!) for a ONE YEAR contract. Start him opposite Walker.

5. Pick up a few defensive players to help out against the run. retain present DB's. (So far, Green Bay has a top 10 Passing Defense, if it ain't broke, don't fix it).

This is all, of course, assuming the Magician returns next year, which I think he will, and I will not accept any other suggestion until or unless #4 says so hisself. If he's only gonna play one more year, might as well spend the money to make a Superbowl run.

The Ravens:

1. Get rid of Kyle Boller now.....immediately! This kid has had 3 years to show us something and all he has shown us is that he can't play on the pro level. They need to draft a solid QB this year. In the meantime, they should get an established QB to get us through the rebuilding process. Dante Culpepper or Trent Dilfer come to mind.

2. Get rid of Deion "Part-Time" Sanders. This guy makes way too much money for the little amount of time he plays. Use his salary to pick up some Offensive Line players. The Ravens haven't had an offensive line since they got here.

3. Get rid of Ray Lewis. Shocking, I know. But since the Ravens will be rebuilding for the next few seasons, why not? Ray is at the point of his career where he spends more time being injured than on the field. The Defense have shown that they can still be effective without him. Some other team going for a legitimate Super-Bowl run would certainly pay a lot for Ray and the Ravens could use an infusion of some talented young players. Freeing up Ray's huge salary could do just that.

THough they have a good year going for them after a few stinkbomb seasons...

The Jaguars.

First off something HAS to be done with the Offensive front line, and rather than trying to skirt around salary cap issues working with the front line so that they ACTUALLY protect the quarterback. Repeatedly the pocket collapses, mostly in regards to when Leftiwich is the QB but it does still occur when Gerhard is there.

There are a few veterans in there still, but really are not doing much in the way of actually blocking and protecting. THey have improved but when they are crumbling to a team that is 2 - 9 or 3 - 8, that is pretty darned pathetic. Or having to rely on their defense, true it is one of the best in the league and I am a big fan of the defensive side of the game (what can I say I was a DT in my high schools Sr vs Jr powder puff game. :) ) But having to fall back on them to save the day is dumb (or the Offense just likes to appear lazy to all of us spectators!!! )

I should get my mother to come here and check out this thread... she'd have a blast with it I think. Best bet, she'd pick apart the Jaguars, and more than likely the Packers (especially with the current season). She has been a Packers fan since probably birth (well being from Wisconsin and all does not hurt :) ) And besides, she is the one who taught be football and all the other sports she played growing up.

Edited by Yillara_Skye