Sign in to follow this  
Kor37

ANY WW II BUFFS OUT THERE?

My father just got back from visiting his family in Germany. He found an old fork in his brother's barn. Its just a tin fork but it has a Nazi SS Swastika engraved on the handle as well as the initials "W.J.S. 40". Does anybody know if this is worth anything or where I could find info on it?

OMGOMGOMGOMG

That's one of those shovels you see troops carrying on their back packs!

W.J.S. 40:

This means the troops initials and what company or battalion he served under.

If I were in your shoes, that puppy would go straight onto EBAY!!!

wait hang on, did you mean Pitch fork or eating Fork?

If it's an eating fork, that would proberbly be worth even more!

From a couple of quick searches I found some cutlery with the WJS initials but different dates (the 40 indicates 1940). There was a butter knife and a spoon. The sites were asking $45 - $50 for each of them.

Its an eating fork.

From a couple of quick searches I found some cutlery with the WJS initials but different dates (the 40 indicates 1940). There was a butter knife and a spoon. The sites were asking $45 - $50 for each of them

Can you tell me the sites, please?....Thanks!

Its an eating fork.

From a couple of quick searches I found some cutlery with the WJS initials but different dates (the 40 indicates 1940). There was a butter knife and a spoon. The sites were asking $45 - $50 for each of them

Can you tell me the sites, please?....Thanks!

The one with the reference to WJS butter knife was cached so it didn't show up on their currect webpage but it said this:

WWII German Luftwaffe 1940 dated Butter Knife, with Luftwaffe Eagle on handle, Rostfrei Solingen on blade and also back of handle is marke "W.J.S. 40" and its Fliger Group marked ""FL.U.V."........$59.00

The site was called Time Traveler Collectibles and the cutlery was in the WW2 German Flags, Arm Bands, & Misc section.

The fork was in the cache at a site called kampfhundmilitaria and isn't on their current webpage either. It said this:

Luftwaffe mess hall fork. Early date marked "W.J.S. 37" (1937). Also marked with the Luft

eagle and swastika and "F.L.U.V". Aluminum. Perfect for the Luftwaffe collector! $45

These are the images that were included:

fork1.jpgfork.jpg

Thanks Takara!...You've been a great help!... :assimilated:

Apparently, this is a "Wehrmacht Mess Hall" fork from 1940. According to the site, its worth about $45. I'm going to put it on EBAY.

Edited by Kor37

Thanks Takara!...You've been a great help!... :assimilated:

Apparently, this is a "Wehrmacht Mess Hall" fork from 1940. According to the site, its worth about $45. I'm going to put it on EBAY.

I'm glad I could help.

Just my luck! I put this thing on EBAY and they pulled it today because they won't sell anything connected with hate symbols or discrimination! I have to figure out a different way to word it I guess.

Just my luck! I put this thing on EBAY and they pulled it today because they won't sell anything connected with hate symbols or discrimination! I have to figure out a different way to word it I guess.

That's just dumb. Ebay just lost my respect.

You can sell German WWII military items on EBay. I think it is a matter of describing it as being German rather than being Nazi.

Edited by Takara_Soong

Yeah. I see that. I saw a similar item with the exact same engraving on EBAY and it was described as the German Eagle with "symbol". I'm going to relist it using that approach and see what happens.

WTF?

they don't have that on the Aussie site!

I think that the Customer service people need to read what the items are before closing them!

You can sell German WWII military items on EBay. I think it is a matter of describing it as being German rather than being Nazi.

:)