Sign in to follow this  
Yillara Skye

I am back!

Hey everybody, I am back online! Like my sister posted on the "What Are you doing Right now thread?" In the cotton candy factory forum... I have been in the hospital recovering from Acute pancreatitis, caused by gall stones.

It was beyond a severe case, my doctor said that at the levels I had(over 14000) it almost always is lethal. And my pancreas would have burst if I had gotten to the hospital any later than I did.

I am home now, recovering my levels are still elevated (234 & 130 something). I have to only eat & drink clear liquids (like apple juice, jello stuff like that) for one more full day, then I go to the B.R.A.T. diet for a few days which I can deal with because I happen to like Bananas, Rice, Applesauce and Toast a lot!) And grateful that I was allowed to survive this :( Forever grateful. I cannot return to work probably until a few weeks after my gall bladder surgery, so you all may see me around the boards a bit more than I usually am... at least until sometime in the New Year.

Welcome back.

I am very happy that you made out alright.

You were in my thoughts and prayers. :(

^_^ Thank you guys. I am so happy! Getting ready to step it up a bit and try the next food I am supposed to try to eat. Though I got laughing so hard with my mom yesterday about it. We were at the grocery store making sure I had stuff I could safely eat. We got to the cereal aisle, and I go "Hey toasted rice cereal (AKA rice Krispies), that is RICE that is TOASTed and Rice and Toast are part of that diet.... so that should count, right?" I knew the answer and so did she, but we got laughing about it so bad. That and I reminded her as we were picking out juice I could drink, that if I could see through it I could drink it. So I said, "Wait those are in boxes, and I can't see through the box so Nope, cannot have it" Even if it was apple juice. I was just having fun with it. I could of course really drink it, it is the fluid that has to be clear.... but I ended up picking my favorite brand of apple juice (I love their apple cider both the regular and the sparkling versions... and the juice is equally great... Martinelli's)

Also had my first soda since before the incident. No way I am touching Mountain Dew for a while, due to the high sugar and caffeine content... so I went with another clear soda and that was Sprite. Wow, that was kinda odd to drink actually, seven days and I am not used to the carbonation or the flavors. And you go that long without eating or drinking and you can really really notice the salt that is in those sodas! :(