Sign in to follow this  
Takara_Soong

Google Earth

Google has launched a new program called Google Earth. It features 3D images of anywhere on Earth. You can literally see your house... at least I can see mine. LOL

Google Earth puts a planet's worth of imagery and other geographic information right on your desktop. View exotic locales like Maui and Paris as well as points of interest such as local restaurants, hospitals, schools, and more.

Here's a link to Google Earth There is a free version plus two upgrades that have to be purchased. The images are the same, it's what you can do with them that differs with each package.

Right now it doesn't work for Macs so you'll have to wait if you have one.

Yes-sir-e-bob.. I have dial up and have it.. it loads quite well actually, unless you just zoom in on something, right up to the close up.. Of course, i've have it for a while, so i have pretty much the whole earth loaded up.. a nice thing is that once you visit and load a place on GE, it will be cached and you can see it even if ur not connectd to the net.. Be ready for a big download when first getting it.. CAn't remember the size.. think it was 10 mb.. i guess it depends on ur speed.. (i have connnection of 45.2kb/s, and got it in about.. i dunno, an hour or 2)

I've had it for quite a while now, been using it to look at archaeological sites.

I'm a little peeved right now. I had to uninstall the program and do a restore on my computer. I had to upgrade a graphics driver to run Google Earth and the upgrade caused a myriad of problems with other software I have. *grrrr*

Interesting thing to see on Google Earth. Copy and paste this into the fly to search: 53° 31' 54.25" N 1° 21' 24.08"W. It's a crop circle in the middle of the UK.