Sign in to follow this  
sea trooper

I am conflicted

I want to get a Playstation 3 when it comes out in March which means I will no longer need my Playstation 1, so I was considering selling it for some extra cash (on eBay). My mom tells me to sell it now for the christmas maniacs who spend all their money on this stuff, but that would mean me being without my Playstation for over 3 months. I'll pretty much go mad. And after christmas I don't know if anyone will want to buy it... What should I do?

I want to get a Playstation 3 when it comes out in March which means I will no longer need my Playstation 1, so I was considering selling it for some extra cash (on eBay). My mom tells me to sell it now for the christmas maniacs who spend all their money on this stuff, but that would mean me being without my Playstation for over 3 months. I'll pretty much go mad. And after christmas I don't know if anyone will want to buy it... What should I do?

If you need the money I'd sell it now like your mother said and take advantage of the Christmas shoppers. If you don't need the money I'd keep it and not sell it, I still have my original Atari game from about 1976 or 1977. I even have the original pre-Atari game that only had Pong and Break-Out on it from about 1975.

If you don't need the extra cash, keep it.

I still play my old PS1 all the time. Even though finding games for it has become all but impossible.

Wish I would've kept my old NES control deck.

Lord only knows how many days I wasted on that thing.....I used to hear the music from Zelda and Bubble Bobble in my sleep. :angry:

Edited by APW

I wouldn't bother going to the trouble of selling it. I just took a look at EBay and they have Playstation 1 console units with games going for about $10 - $20 plus shipping. Maybe you could donate it to a charity and "sell" the tax receipt to your mom. :angry:

Edited by Takara_Soong

Well by March I think I could have saved up enough money, but a little more won't hurt.

I wouldn't bother going to the trouble of selling it. I just took a look at EBay and they have Playstation 1 console units with games going for about $10 - $20 plus shipping. Maybe you could donate it to a charity and "sell" the tax receipt to your mom. :P

You're right. It's not looking good. They aren't even in high demand and I'm just going to sell the system with a control. :angry:

it doesn't hurt to try and sell it. i know that some of the older game systems are in demand. so it could go more than you think. or not at all. i'm going to try and sell some stuff.

i'm also waiting for the ps3 since my ps2's fan died and it quits running after thirty minutes. so i'm looking forward to it so i can play all my games.

tm :angry:

I would just keep it... and whatever you do, don't even think of buying an x-box 360... The PS3 will be worth the wait, and in the meantime have some fun playing your PS1.. seeing as, i (IMHO) don't think anyone wants to give their kids second hand ollldd game systems you can buy for like 50 bucks in stores.. brand new.. Wait till it's an antique, like the ATARI...

If it's a PS1, you won't get much for it. I just checked Ebay, the highest I saw for a PS1 was about $30, and that was with games. You might as well just hold on to it. That's what I'm doing with my PS2. I won't sell it until after I get a PS3. And I'm still keeping my PS1 an 2 games and memory cards. :angry:

I won't sell it until after I get a PS3.

But don't you think more people will want it before christmas? A PS2 is still in style, it will be in higher demand.

I won't sell it until after I get a PS3.

But don't you think more people will want it before christmas? A PS2 is still in style, it will be in higher demand.

Sure it's in demand. There's plenty of people who want it, and I'm one of them! :angry: I'm not going to go without my PS2 until I get a PS3. No way, no how.

Personally I say sell it anyway while it works. They don't exactly have the longest life spans to begin with and when that lens does go out you'll have to pitch it and get nothing for it. As far as how much you get for it you'll likely get more for it at a used game shop or EB since they are usually low on stock around this time of year (just call around and ask a few places). And as far as playing your games, as long as your computer is at least 250Mhz it can play a PS game with no problems what I have been doing since they originally came out. Just use an emulator such as Bleem or CVGS (which I have both and their companies are out of business which means I can send you one) or anything on zophar.net really.

Edited by bones88