Sign in to follow this  
Vic

NYU Wants Campus Ban on Coca-Cola

My county just banned soft drinks in schools. We're gonna get milk machines now. They also are gonna stop selling candy and 'bad' chips in the vending machines.

*sigh*

My county just banned soft drinks in schools. We're gonna get milk machines now. They also are gonna stop selling candy and 'bad' chips in the vending machines.

*sigh*

More freedom in the democracies, I see. :laugh:

New York University wants to stop selling Coca-Cola products on campus in protest of the soft drink company's labor policies in Colombia.

I don’t really care as:

1. I don’t plan on going to New York University,

2. No one is forced to go to New York University (well… ok, maybe some people maybe forced to in some way, but it's still 'up to them' in a way),

3. I like Dr. Pepper.

*sigh*

More freedom in the democracies, I see. :laugh:

Are you saying schools shouldn't have the right to do business with whomever they wish? Democracy isn't even at issue here. My old high school temporarily banned eating anything outside of the cafeteria because the students would litter the halls with their wrappers. The fascists!!

New York University wants to stop selling Coca-Cola products on campus in protest of the soft drink company's labor policies in Colombia.

I don’t really care as:

1. I don’t plan on going to New York University,

2. No one is forced to go to New York University (well… ok, maybe some people maybe forced to in some way, but it's still 'up to them' in a way),

3. I like Dr. Pepper.

Same here, except, I prefer root beer.

Are you saying schools shouldn't have the right to do business with whomever they wish?

No.

Democracy isn't even at issue here.

My point exactly.

My old high school temporarily banned eating anything outside of the cafeteria because the students would litter the halls with their wrappers.

It’s one thing to not allow food in some parts of the school at all, it’s a different thing to tell you what food you can and can not eat. It’s not like school is optional in most places.

The fascists!!

Nice to know you finally see the light! (J/K) :laugh::laugh::rofl::rofl:

Same here, except, I prefer root beer.

I also like root beer.