Sign in to follow this  
Angela

Was Thinking.

I was looking at the links to other sites and got to thinking wouldn't it be a good idea to create an 'encyclopedia' of web sites.

things like Memory alpha and other trek tech sites (guides, screen caps sites, etc.)

Forums

site similar to or completely different.

Fan fiction sites

As this is a trek site it would be trek fan fiction sites perhaps visited by people at this site, and personal pages of own sites a la the DataLore site of the ladies Takara

Members own sites.

These would be static sites I.e. basically normal non interactive web pages.

Information Sites

These are sites articles members post come from, they can have a diversity of topics as diverse as the world can make them.

Why propose this?

Basically I see lots of great articles or someone will mention a site in passing and I'll think I'll go there when I have time, and then if the post isn't 'popular' I 'lose' it. There should be one place at this site where we can go and look up this information. a bit like a telephone book for our community. Also the member sites thing it could be a cool thing to have compitition like the banner or avatar compititions.

Finally, there would only be one listing of the site in the encyclopedia and any site slaming another will be automatically removed.

I would be more than willing to over see this idea, so as not to tax other moderators.

Sounds good to me.

I'd have to really think about which of my 2 sites I'd add..... :)

Could I keep one link in my sig and add the other in this proposed forum....if STF adopts your suggestion?Hmmm.......

4th Good Idea if you ask me and Will be more than willing to help with it.

Edited by Tal Shiar

What I am saying is only one listing per site. Not per member. I have three sites on tthe go, one is a static fan fictiona look into site, one is an archive of fan fiction and the other a message board. They would all be allowed one listing. but you couldn't list them more. I guess I didn't make that clear.

I just fee some people would like an information resource here.

Also we could have religious site compartment too. And this would encompass all religions, not just Christianity.