Sign in to follow this  
Itchygomba69

White sox Win the the ALCS

Go Sox! It's about time for the White Sox. They deserve some respect for the season they've had. I've been a Cardinals fan for years also so that matchup would be a tough call for me. However the Astros may best the injury reduced Red Birds, though I hope not!

Go NLCS Champion! I wanted the Angels to win because I am a huge fan of baseball's underrated superstar: Vladmir Guerrero. Didn't do much in this series unfortunately but is still absolutely one of, if not thee, best overall player(s) in baseball.

I'm wondering whether the headline writer for my local newspaper is a Trek fan. The headline in our paper said "White Sox Make It So". LOL

I live outside Chicago.

I'm a Cubs fan.

When the Sox were playing the Angels the other night, apparently some people thought the Sox had made a good play while eating at a bar from the roar of the noise of "fans' in the other room.

They got up from their chairs, walked into see the replay, and it was actually the Angels who had made the play.

The bar was full of Cubs fans, cheering on the Angels. :P

I apolgize in advance for this rant, but based on MB's story I MUST rant.

Click For Spoiler
First I am a Cardinals fan. And a White Sox fan. Orginially from downstate (western) Illinois.

In my callow college youth I forsook the Cardinals one year to root on the Cubs. It was 1969! Year of the Miracle Mets, but also the incredible choking Cubs. I learned my lesson! While it is admirable to be loyal to a team, I've had it with the Cubs. They draw huge crowds every year and make millions for the owners, both from the loyalty of their fans and from the fact that Wrigley Field is a destination ballpark and tourist highlight of Chicago.

If the Cubs were on a level playing field with other teams - modern ballpark, etc., people would be forced to judge them by their performance. While they've had some good years, the last couple have been embarrassing imo. Corky Sosa, ballplayers and management running announcers out of town because their brand of honesty didn't sit well with some players (most of which are no longer with the team), management unloading on Sosa when he left the ballpark early instead of handling it in-house, poor execution on the field, etc.... IMO, if this ballclub were anywhere else they would not be the darlings of their city but the goats.

Again I apologize to Cub fans and others if I've insulted them. I do appreciate team loyalty, but I also appreciate good baseball and the Cubs are just not producing that right now, so it angers me when the Cubs continue to prosper with bad baseball. It also makes me MAD when "FANS" put down a good ballclub who is having a great year and who are giving their city some much needed positive exposure!

Edited by trekz

Click For Spoiler
First I am a Cardinals fan.  And a White Sox fan.  Orginially from downstate (western) Illinois.

In my callow college youth I forsook the Cardinals one year to root on the Cubs. It was 1969!  Year of the Miracle Mets, but also the incredible choking Cubs.  I learned my lesson!  While it is admirable to be loyal to a team, I've had it with the Cubs.  They draw huge crowds every year and make millions for the owners, both from the loyalty of their fans and from the fact that Wrigley Field is a destination ballpark and tourist highlight of Chicago.

If the Cubs were on a level playing field with other teams - modern ballpark, etc., people would be forced to judge them by their performance.  While they've had some good years,  the last couple have been embarrassing imo.  Corky Sosa, ballplayers and management running announcers out of town because their brand of honesty didn't sit well with some players (most of which are no longer with the team), management unloading on Sosa when he left the ballpark early instead of handling it in-house, poor execution on the field, etc....  IMO, if this ballclub were anywhere else they would not be the darlings of their city but the goats.

Again I apologize to Cub fans and others if I've insulted them.  I do appreciate team loyalty, but I also appreciate good baseball and the Cubs are just not producing that right now, so it angers me when the Cubs continue to prosper with bad baseball.  It also makes me MAD when "FANS" put down a good ballclub who is having a great year and who are giving their city some much needed positive exposure!

358735[/snapback]

Sounds like how we in Pittsburgh feel about the Pirates

Click For Spoiler
First I am a Cardinals fan.  And a White Sox fan.  Orginially from downstate (western) Illinois.

In my callow college youth I forsook the Cardinals one year to root on the Cubs. It was 1969!  Year of the Miracle Mets, but also the incredible choking Cubs.  I learned my lesson!  While it is admirable to be loyal to a team, I've had it with the Cubs.  They draw huge crowds every year and make millions for the owners, both from the loyalty of their fans and from the fact that Wrigley Field is a destination ballpark and tourist highlight of Chicago.

If the Cubs were on a level playing field with other teams - modern ballpark, etc., people would be forced to judge them by their performance.  While they've had some good years,  the last couple have been embarrassing imo.  Corky Sosa, ballplayers and management running announcers out of town because their brand of honesty didn't sit well with some players (most of which are no longer with the team), management unloading on Sosa when he left the ballpark early instead of handling it in-house, poor execution on the field, etc....  IMO, if this ballclub were anywhere else they would not be the darlings of their city but the goats.

Again I apologize to Cub fans and others if I've insulted them.  I do appreciate team loyalty, but I also appreciate good baseball and the Cubs are just not producing that right now, so it angers me when the Cubs continue to prosper with bad baseball.  It also makes me MAD when "FANS" put down a good ballclub who is having a great year and who are giving their city some much needed positive exposure!

358735[/snapback]

Doesn't bother me Trekz.

You see I grew up in Michigan, home of the incredible choking University of Michigan Wolverine Football team. No matter what their ranking, they always muck it up.

Yet, I love the school and the team. I will always be a fan.

The same is said for the Cubs.

Just as there are different teams, there are different fans.

Neither one of us is more right than the other, it's just a reflection of who we are. :P :P

Gary got me good the other day with this. He's a Brewers' fan, I'm a Sox Fan...when we were watching Game 5, during the 9th, he was sitting on the couch with his hands cupped around his neck. I told him "It's 6-3! The Angels have no chance!" he said "Hey, they still have plenty of time to choke, Babes" yeouch...