Sign in to follow this  
Itchygomba69

Dog help

I got a few months ago a beagle, he's a good dog, but still is peeing in te house, ca anybody help me with house breaking him here, he is 3 my other dog and him get along, I'm getting frustrated with this

Keep an eye on him. If he starts to lift his leg or squat, make a lot of noise to get his attention and say something like "Come on! Come on!" and open the door. When he goes out and does his business, give him lots of praise and a treat. That's what we did with our dog.

What we did with our dog (who was so submissive she'd pee right in front of us >.<) is pick her up (she's small enough) and get her close enough to her mess so that she can smell it, tell her firmly without yelling that she needs to go 'outside' then put her outside for a while. Except for the occasional lapse when it's raining outside and she's ticked at us for some reason or another (Mom leaving for the weekend, her 'boyfriend' moving out, ect)

Good luck B)

One of my assistants runs a dog school with her boyfriend. She told me since your dog is peeing in the house when you're not home you need to put the dog in a crate. She said the crate can't be too big or the dog will pee on one side of it and lay down on the other side. When you get home, let the dog outside to do his business and use lots of praise and a reward when he does it. This should teach him to wait until he goes outside to pee.

If you see it squatting, start making lots of noise and scrunch foil next to him. Dogs and cats fear foil because it reflects light into their eyes and it makes noises when touched.

It worked for my friend, and she has a 4 month old puppy. Witin a week of this the dog made a point of running to the door to be let out :P

I'm no good with dogs but I am good with cats. I'm nursing my sick cat right now actually. :P

You're sneaky? Then go outside and do it, you cheeky dog!

*Talking to your dog btw!*

Edited by xXTrekkieCaraXx

You're sneaky? Then go outside and do it, you cheeky dog!

*Talking to your dog btw!*

358924[/snapback]

he heard you

Click For Spoiler

IMAG0084.jpg

I give my dog, Astro rewards when he goes outside and does his business. When I am not home for a while, more than 3 hours, I have pads for him to go on. Being a small dog he can't hold it for a long time.