Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wishfire

Star Trek: Survivor

Tomorrow night, probably around midnight (PST), I will post the rules for the game. Sometime after that I will start accepting applications via PM to become a Survivor.

The world-type will be M-Class.

Prepare yourselves... It's finally begun. :frusty:

Okay, everyone, here's the rules.

Star Trek: Survivor rules

Becoming a survivor

Simply send in a PM to me, wishfire, saying that you wish to participate as a survivor. It will basically be a first come first serve basis, so the first 6 people who ask to be survivors will be survivors. Remember, don't tell anyone that you're a Survivor. All Survivors will remain anonymous. I will assign each Survivor a game name to make things easier.

Scenarios

Non-Survivor STF members will get to submit their ideas (via PM) for scenarios which the Survivors must deal with. The best will be chosen. Please keep the scenario descriptions short and simple.

Once the scenario is selected, each Survivor will receive a PM which outlines the scenario. The Survivor must then describe via PM what (s)he will do to survive the scenario. The Survivor will have 2 days to respond. If the Survivor does not respond in that time, (s)he will be disqualified.

Voting on Survivors

After all Survivors have submitted their responses to the scenarios, their responses (under their Survivor names), along with the scenario, will be posted in a new thread, with poll options for each Survivor. Non-Survivor STF members will then vote for which response they like the least. Whoever gets the most votes after 5 days gets effectively voted off.

The Survivor

The Survivor is whoever remains after each round. May the best Survivor win.

Disqualifications

Survivors will be disqualified if...

1) They take too long responding to scenarios.

2) The game host ever becomes aware that Survivors tell anyone of their actual identity for any reason.

If anyone ever tells you that they are a Survivor, please let me know. I'd like to keep this game as fair as possible.

I will accept applications as of 12 noon, PST. I will also accept scenario ideas as of now. If we get 6 survivors by midnight tomorrow, I will post each Survivor's game names as well as the selected scenario.

And please, if you PM me to try to become a Survivor, make the word "Survivor" the topic of the PM. Same thing with scenario submissions, use the word "Scenario." This will make it easier for me to tell what is what.

Thanks, everyone, and let's have some fun! :frusty:

EDIT: If you submit an application to be a Survivor, tell me what race you want to be. It won't make much of a difference to the game, but it would ad a bit of variety. Also, for those of you that get chosen as Survivor, please respond as your character would. For example, if you choose to be a Klingon, get all pissed off and such. B) If you go with a Vulcan, be logical. Etc.

Sounds cool. What are the limitations of the scenarios? Everything has to be natural, right? No technology?

Sounds cool. What are the limitations of the scenarios? Everything has to be natural, right? No technology?

356108[/snapback]

Basically.

I guess I should've said this earlier. Everyone starts out with a standard hand phaser that has 5 shots available (no wide-beam), a tricorder with limited range (let's say 10 meters), and some sort of blade. And their wits.

As for scenarios, well, the Survivors are basically stuck in the wilderness. They know that help is on the way, but it'll be a while until help arrives, and they must survive until then.

Oh, yeah, we're going with the basic M-Class world, so I guess the first game will be Star Trek: Survivor: Earth.

The environment will consist of sub-tropical forests, like oak and pine. Let's put it in the mountains just for fun. The season doesn't matter, for all I care it could be summer in one scenario and winter in the next. :frusty: I'm not worried about continuity. I'm just worried about hosting a game that hopefully everyone will participate in and have fun with it.

What's going on?! Just about everyone said that they wanted to participate, but I've been accepting applications to be Survivors for 9 hours now... AND NOT A SINGLE PERSON HAS PMed ME!!!

Come on, people!

I'm extending the dead-line until this coming midnight (PST). If I don't get 6 people to participate and at least one scenario, I'll have no choice but to call the game off.

What's going on?! Just about everyone said that they wanted to participate, but I've been accepting applications to be Survivors for 9 hours now... AND NOT A SINGLE PERSON HAS PMed ME!!!

:lol: ........All talk and no action eh?.....Sounds familiar.....

:lol: ........All talk and no action eh?.....Sounds familiar.....

356325[/snapback]

Yeah, basically. :(

Know how many people actually PMed me wanting to be a Survivor? 1. All that talk from a lot of people how it's would be fun, and it's a good idea...

Well, since it's no obvious that almost no one wants to actually play, the game's off.

Know how many people actually PMed me wanting to be a Survivor? 1. All that talk from a lot of people how it's would be fun, and it's a good idea...

Well, remember what I posted?? (at least I think I did) I was interested but I did not know if I would be able to participate this round. Too many things going on right now ( dance performances, dance competitions, music gigs - one that took me to North Carolina a couple weeks ago... lots of other stuff too)

The 1 person that Wishfire is referring to is............ME! I can't believe I'm the only one that responded!...... :(

i also responded. so wishfire had at least 2 people.

tm :(

360188[/snapback]

Thats weird.......Maybe more people responded and Wishfire just didn't get the PMs? Maybe that was the problem........What about it Wishfire?

tm :(

360188[/snapback]

Thats weird.......Maybe more people responded and Wishfire just didn't get the PMs? Maybe that was the problem........What about it Wishfire?

360223[/snapback]

No, she responded after I left that post about only 1 person responding.

tm B)

360188[/snapback]

360223[/snapback]

No, she responded after I left that post about only 1 person responding.

360369[/snapback]

Oh ok....Thats different then.....