Sign in to follow this  
SpaceHippie

New movie idea

I know I might get slammed for this but, how about a TOS movie filmed like TOS was originaly with young actors playing the original roles and the original actors as diferent aliens and other characters? Nimoy could play an old romulan commander for example.

I've never liked recasting characters.  I'd much rather see a DS9 or VOY movie made.  It's a nice idea, I just don't like the idea of re-casting TOS. :)

well having another tos movie would be cool, but i agree with CJLP. re-casting just doesnt work. like in st 2-4. kristy ally played saavik in st2 and the robin curtis in st 3 and 4, and i just could never accept curtis as saavik.

i think we should stick with the recent shows, and use only the original casts of the shows.

I'd prefer another crew not a recasting of the original if it's going to be in the tos era. I re-call reading some where that they were going to do that for the first motion picture, but the fans at the time didn't like that idea. I'd like to see what happened to Harriman after the Lakul incident or maybe a look at the crew of the Tong before they slept until the 24th century. Maybe even Morgan Batesmen before he got caught in the loop, I think there's a book about that one. Anyway if you're looking for some TOS flavored action with a new crew check out this fan film it's pretty cool (click on the movies section.)

http://homepage.mac.com/starshipexeter/

Hey man what have you been smoking...and can I have some? :) Nix on the recast unless you were making a TV bio movie on the making of TOS. so you could have the actor being both Shatner and Kirk for example.

Stardate:213518.6

Your right you did get slammed for that. :) I guess Ill slam you too.I dont think its a movie that people would like to see but hey yah never know

Recasting doesn't work for me either, sorry that I couldn't help you out there...in any series's movies/series

heck, I have seen threads where people recast Trek movies for fun with the actors/actresses that they think would best fit the character. I tried to keep an open mind....but in every case I thought I would run away screaming(some I did... :) ) For me, it really creeps me out the idea of anyone other than Brent Spiner portraying Data. And so, I really can't see other people portraying the TOS crew either...