Sign in to follow this  
muddthe1st

Are TV shows to "Real" these days?

When I was growing up In the 60's I enjoyed shows like "Land of the Giants", "Lost In Space", "Twilight Zone", "Time Tunnel" and of course "Star Trek". Shows that were more about entertainment than being 100% accurate. Today it seemes that every Sci-Fi or other type of show on TV has to be as 100% accurate as possible in science, medical examination, law, crime, ETC. or it isn't considered "Believable" or "Possible". Were we less sophisticated in the "Olden Days"? No I think not! I say bring back the large pulsating brained aliens. let Archer and T'pol hunt for large white rabbits or deal with Q for a change. I want less "reality" and more fun in my fiction.

Well, I like to see a good ballance between realism and pure fiction.  I think Star Trek and Stargate handle this quite nicely.  I dunno, my personal taste is the show has to be believable for me to enjoy it. :)

When I watched "Trek" in the 60's it seemed as far away from reality as you could get. I doubt a show like that would even make it on the air today.

Well, I like to see a good ballance between realism and pure fiction.  I think Star Trek and Stargate handle this quite nicely.  I dunno, my personal taste is the show has to be believable for me to enjoy it. :)

I completely agree with you Jean-Luc.

I think the general public is more aware and familiar with various technologies. So, in that sense, today's audience is more sophistocated .

Stardate:213518.6

Well nowadays people dont like stuff thats unbelieveable.I would like a little more fun too but i dont think it will happen.

I think we need to find a balance of real and non-real shows.

Sometimes people need an escape from reality not more of it.

I would much rather watch TNG than the news.. But thats just me... :)