Sign in to follow this  
Captain Jean-Luc Picard

What if DS9 and/or VOY didn't get a movie?

I'm just currious... how would you DS9 and VOY fans feel if both DS9 and VOY didn't get a movie or if one did and the other didn't?

I could live with one getting a movie and the other not, but both shows not getting a movie at all? Well, it'd be a big let down. What about you?

See, the way I see it:

TOS - Cancelled, due to success in syndication, a spin-off series is gonna be made which becomes a big screen movie. :)

TNG - Due to it's massive success, the series was left open with the Enterprise flying off to it's next adventure with a movie in production.

However, DS9 and VOY were both brought full circle which is why I'm concerned that they're thinking, "We're not gonna do movies for either show, so we gave the fans a full conclussion to both shows."

Anywho, what are your thoughts?

Maybe they were thinking at the time that they wouldn't do movies for either series, but things have been known to change. Personally, I feel that either series could get a movie, I think there's enough story left in both of them for that. With DS9, they could do something about Sisko and his returning. With Voyager, there's all kinds of stories they could tell about the crew being reassigned or their adjustment to life back on Earth.

It wouldn't bother me if one got a movie, and the other didn't. I would see either one, or both. I would be disappointed if neither got a movie, however. They have established characters and storylines, why not use them?

I really don't mind if neither is made into a movie, because I'm not expecting it. Besides, I don't think they need a movie. If a movie is made, I'm all for it and I'll go see it. But I won't be mad or anything if a movie isn't made.

If another movie is going to be made, it should be about Enterprise. Wait until after the series has finished its run and then make a movie. That's the best course of action, I think.

I think you said it yourself, CJLP. Both series were really ended and left little question to be explored. Now, seeing Sisko come back would rock, and i would think that one day it would happen, but what it there to do with Voyager went it was shown in NEM that Janeway was promoted?

ST: TMP wasn't made because of TOS being successful in syndication. It was made by Paramount to try to capitalize on the interest in science fiction created by Star Wars.

That being said I would not be disappointed at all if there are no DS9 or Voyager movies made. I don't think there is enough mass appeal for those two series to justify the risk of making movies. I hope dearly that there will be at least one more TNG movie.

In my opinion, we've got a better shot at a DS9 or VOY movie then we do at a 5th TNG movie.

1. Patrick Stewart said he's done with Trek.

2. Data was killed off.

3. Riker got promoted to captain of the Titan and married Troi.

4. Johnathan Frakes thinks the TNG movies are over.

5. With the failure of NEMESIS in theaters, why would Paramount greenlight another TNG movie?

I dunno, it just "feels" like NEMESIS was the final TNG adventure. Sure, there "could" be another, I just don't see it happening. :)

I think you said it yourself, CJLP. Both series were really ended and left little question to be explored. Now, seeing Sisko come back would rock, and i would think that one day it would happen, but what it there to do with Voyager went it was shown in NEM that Janeway was promoted?
ST: TMP wasn't made because of TOS being successful in syndication. It was made by Paramount to try to capitalize on the interest in science fiction created by Star Wars.

That being said I would not be disappointed at all if there are no DS9 or Voyager movies made. I don't think there is enough mass appeal for those two series to justify the risk of making movies. I hope dearly that there will be at least one more TNG movie.

i agree with both of you. ds9 and voyager basically wrapped themselves up. there is a little room for ds9, but voyager has all its ends tied up. and voyager really wasnt viewed very highly by most star trek fans. there really isnt a big enough fan base for voyager. ds9 is possible and if they made a movie, i would be happy, but i defenitely wouldnt be sad if they never make movies of neither series.

i think they should make one more tng movie and wrap up all loose ends, and by the time is near for a new movie, enterprise should be done, and they can have room for an enterprise movie.

(no offense, but is this the only topic you ever talk about CJLP? lol. :) )

Well, I just talk about it alot becuase I have too many ideas to share and sometimes I drive Indy buggy with it! :) Anywho, there's this sci-fi/drama called Roswell that got cancelled twice and brought back twice for a total of 3 seasons. The music rights are being worked out so it can be released on DVD. Johnathan Frakes says if the DVD's do well, they might be able to make a big screen movie. If Roswell, nicknamed "The little show that could", can make a movie, why not DS9 or VOY, eh?

I hear a lot of people say that Voyager and DS9 have all the loose ends tied up and there is nothing left to do with those series. I disagree. Even if those story arcs are somewhat concluded (and I don't think DS9 was), the characters live on. A creative writer could certainly come up with a story that would feasibly draw all the characters together again and be compelling enough to attract audiences. Yeah, sure, the Dominion War is over, but does that mean that life on DS9 gets dull and boring? Further adventures will be had.

After all, it is the writer's job to come up with stories, that's what they get paid for. If writers had stopped writing Trek stories just because a story arc was concluded, Trek would have ended years ago. Instead, we not only have multiple series to enjoy, but a myriad of books by a variety of authors. I just don't believe there are no more stories to be told about DS9 or Voyager.

I hear a lot of people say that Voyager and DS9 have all the loose ends tied up and there is nothing left to do with those series.  I disagree.  Even if those story arcs are somewhat concluded (and I don't think DS9 was), the characters live on.  A creative writer could certainly come up with a story that would feasibly draw all the characters together again and be compelling enough to attract audiences.  Yeah, sure, the Dominion War is over, but does that mean that life on DS9 gets dull and boring?  Further adventures will be had. 

After all, it is the writer's job to come up with stories, that's what they get paid for.  If writers had stopped writing Trek stories just because a story arc was concluded, Trek would have ended years ago.  Instead, we not only have multiple series to enjoy, but a myriad of books by a variety of authors.  I just don't believe there are no more stories to be told about DS9 or Voyager.

yes, ds9 is still able to have a movie, but i just dont think voyager could. they have made it to earth. janeway is an admiral. why would janeway suddenly call her old crew back together and go out on another mission? what would they do - get lost again? lol (and theyve already used enough borg storylines in voy to last a life time)

Well, I plan on writing a script for a big-screen 2-part VOY movie to try and submit to Paramount. :o

The plot is broken into 2 parts:

Part 1 would deal with Kes, the Ocampans, the Kazon, Q, and Seska's son, along with Tuvok kicking Kazon butt via martial arts! :)

Part 2 would deal with the Borg, Kes's evolution, and Sisko's return. :)

Well, what do ya think? Is this a story people would pay to see?

I agree with CJLP. TNG movies are over. A lot of people considered Star Trek Nemesis to be a bad movie because Data was killed off.

To answer the true question What if DS9/or VOY didn't get a movie of their own?

It would be a shame if they didn't make a movie about those two series. They have made movies centered around TOS,and TNG so why not the others. They have capitalized off Star Trek for all these years whats one more movie or two centered around DS9/or VOY.

If they didn't go to the big sreen then I would continue to watch them anyway.

DEEP SPACE NINE IS ONE OF MY FAVORITES!

Personally, I'd be mad if I didn't get a DS9 or Voyager movie. They deserve a try at it and I know that I'd go and see it opening day if they made one.

Why is it that most Trek fans don't care to see a DS9 or VOY movie, eh?

Not true at all!!!

In fact, I would more care for a movie about DS9 than TNG right now...

I hear a lot of people say that Voyager and DS9 have all the loose ends tied up and there is nothing left to do with those series.  I disagree.  Even if those story arcs are somewhat concluded (and I don't think DS9 was), the characters live on.  A creative writer could certainly come up with a story that would feasibly draw all the characters together again and be compelling enough to attract audiences.  Yeah, sure, the Dominion War is over, but does that mean that life on DS9 gets dull and boring?  Further adventures will be had. 

After all, it is the writer's job to come up with stories, that's what they get paid for.  If writers had stopped writing Trek stories just because a story arc was concluded, Trek would have ended years ago.  Instead, we not only have multiple series to enjoy, but a myriad of books by a variety of authors.  I just don't believe there are no more stories to be told about DS9 or Voyager.

Yep!

For DS9

I would love to have a movie with Sisko comming back...

Would be fasinated to see what new did he learn in his "journey" with the prophets...

And I'm sure they could find a good story around that.

And well, I'm sure that if they really want to have a Voy movie, they could find and make a good story.

In my opinion, we've got a better shot at a DS9 or VOY movie then we do at a 5th TNG movie.

2. Data was killed off.

Who says Data's dead, did you see android body parts floating in space? I didn't. (I know we did this in another thread... I couldn't resist)

All of these things could be ploys to eventually boost interest. It's been done before. Spocks death was a huge boost for ST III. Everyone wanted to know how he would be brought back. I don't think there was ever a doubt he would come back though.

That said, I think it is likely that TNG is over. More because I think Stewart is tired of the role and in all honesty doesn't need to be Picard anymore.

DS9 - I would love a DS9 movie, I think the way the series ended just begs for a movie. As much as I want it though I think it is unlikely, DS9 never really fit the clean cut mold that TPTB wanted so there will be resistance for a movie.

Voyager - I would be utterly shocked to see a "Voyager" movie. TPTB killed any hope of a successful Voyager movie by bringing them home when the series ended. There are too many variables now that they are back home. The non-Starfleet crewmembers are likely scattered to the winds, Janeway has been promoted and to have her come into a role like Admiral Kirk did would be stale. Of the current completed series, the best bet for a new movie is DS9. I say that as a biased Niner of course but I also see it as logical. :)