Sign in to follow this  
Itchygomba69

I'm done with chinese Food

Alana and I went to a Chinese Buffet on Thursday for lunch and we both came down with food poison, I never thre-up so much in one day, and i have to run to the bathroom @ least every hour, My insides are so cramped, I went to the Doctors and got put on the BRAT Diet for the next 3 days, ugh, Im in pain

I stopped going to buffets after a similar experience.

A lot of those places don't keep the food properly heated.

Now when I want chinese,I go to a more traditional resteraunt.

No more buffets for me. :nono:

I went to the Doctors and got put on the BRAT Diet for the next 3 days

The BRAT-WURST diet? Thats my favorite diet!....... :nono:

The buffet I go to has not been a problem.. at least for most I know, there were a couple of instances where there were a couple of my brother's friends who got sick there.

In my case, I always go for the Mongolian Barbeque which they cook right in front of you.

But, I hope you both get well soon. Food poisoning is not fun to deal with at all (youngest I was when I got it was about 5 years old, bad cheese at a fancy resteraunt.. the whole family got it. Very scary since my mom was due to give birth 2 weeks later to my brother. And my sister was 3 at the time.)

Edited by Yillara_Soong

I went to the Doctors and got put on the BRAT Diet for the next 3 days

The BRAT-WURST diet? Thats my favorite diet!....... :nono:

352816[/snapback]

I wish I like Brats

BRAT: Is a acronym for bananas, rice, apples and tea and/or toast.

I never go near buffets. The idea of food that's been around for god knows how long isn't appealing to me. And now I have another reason not to go near them.

I never go near buffets. The idea of food that's been around for god knows how long isn't appealing to me. And now I have another reason not to go near them.

352940[/snapback]

:dude: Congrats on 2000 posts! :yawn::nono:

BRAT: Is a acronym for bananas, rice, apples and tea and/or toast.

352862[/snapback]

Most of those sound ok to me.. though I cannot each much in the way of bananas. Way too much potassium (which is a bummer).

Feeling any better today, dragonwrangler??

Buffets can be dangerous that's for sure, it's good to hear you're recovering.

We look for buffets that do good business, that ensures food isn't sitting around for long. Hometown Buffet and Super China Buffet are the best we've found, never had a problem at either of those.

Glad to hear you're getting better. :nono: The BRAT diet is the same diet my mom put me on whenever I had the flu or an upset stomach.

My husband and I haven't been to one Chinese food buffet in a few years, since the last time we went, we were a little sick afterwords. (There's another one close to us, but they're kinda dull). We go to Hometown Buffet occasionally, and the food there is really good. :dude:

i like to go to the local old country buffet, think same company has hometown buffet. that's the only buffet i go to. if i want chinese i either make it myself or i buy this one brand that's in the freezer section that comes in a takeout container.

tm :nono:

I avoid The Old Country Buffet, That Place Reminds me of the Cheap Buffet on Vegas Vacation.

I am having really bad Acid Reflux tonight, I went against the Advice of the doctors and took some Pepto, but this is killing my throat