Sign in to follow this  
mrskirk

Nemesis available on PPV

I was scanning my Channel Guide magazine, just as I do at the beginning of every month, to plan my Star Trek viewing for the month of July. Something caught my eye this month. InDemand pay-per-view is showing Star Trek Nemesis beginning July 4th. I was surprised to see that movie on pay per view already! I mean, it was just released in theatres in November 2002. Other movies released at the same time as Nemesis, like Lord of the Rings, are not yet available. Does this confirm what some people have been saying about Nemesis being a box office bomb? What do you think? Will you be ordering Nemesis this month?

I was surprised to see that movie on pay per view already!  I mean, it was just released in theatres in November 2002.

December 13

and hey, that's cool. B)

I was surprised to see that movie on pay per view already!  I mean, it was just released in theatres in November 2002.

December 13

and hey, that's cool.

B)

Ooops!! My bad!!

I was scanning my Channel Guide magazine, just as I do at the beginning of every month, to plan my Star Trek viewing for the month of July.  Something caught my eye this month.  InDemand pay-per-view is showing Star Trek Nemesis beginning July 4th.  I was surprised to see that movie on pay per view already!  I mean, it was just released in theatres in November 2002.  Other movies released at the same time as Nemesis, like Lord of the Rings, are not yet available.  Does this confirm what some people have been saying about Nemesis being a box office bomb?  What do you think?  Will you be ordering Nemesis this month?

Movies are usually on PPV before they are released on DVD or video. I checked a channel guide and saw quite a few movies that were released around the same time or after Nemesis listed - Catch Me If You Can, Antwone Fisher, Adaptation and many, many others.

Several movies that came out at the same time as Nemesis have already made their run on PPV and have already been on DVD for a while now..

I've been witing for STN to finally go to PPV, I saw it when it was first relesed in theaters and that was it. Normally I go and see a new ST movie at least 4 times in the theaters. So now that it has come to PPV I'm going to watch it for 24 hours straight or until I fall asleep. Yawn.......ZZZZZzzzzzzzz! B)

I was scanning my Channel Guide magazine, just as I do at the beginning of every month, to plan my Star Trek viewing for the month of July.  Something caught my eye this month.  InDemand pay-per-view is showing Star Trek Nemesis beginning July 4th.  I was surprised to see that movie on pay per view already!  I mean, it was just released in theatres in November 2002.  Other movies released at the same time as Nemesis, like Lord of the Rings, are not yet available.  Does this confirm what some people have been saying about Nemesis being a box office bomb?  What do you think?  Will you be ordering Nemesis this month?

Movies are usually on PPV before they are released on DVD or video. I checked a channel guide and saw quite a few movies that were released around the same time or after Nemesis listed - Catch Me If You Can, Antwone Fisher, Adaptation and many, many others.

For the pay per view I got, it'S the inverse...

But well, PPV is often close to the release in DVD.

And if you compare, Harry Potter was release in November and the DVD in April.

So, the same period of time than Nemesis.