Sign in to follow this  
APW

I think I have a poltergeist

My DVD player (which is new...I bought it in January) has been freaking out this past week.

It will open the DVD tray without being prompted to, or cut itself off and on.

It has my nephew really freaked out.

The lights have also been flickering a bit in the bathroom and dining room.

Yesterday I washed dishes and stacked the plates to the left of the sink.I left the kitchen just long enough to run to the door and get my mail,and when I went back in the kitchen,the plates were stacked on the right and flipped over (from topside up,to bottom side up).Nobody went into the kitchen during that 45-seconds or so that I was away, and I didn't hear a sound. :assimilated:

These have been the first spooky happenings in many days.

(well,my sister said someone pulled her hair while she was sleeping a few nights ago,but I thought she had maybe dreamed it...but who knows?).

You know what you should do? When everyone is out of the house, you should grab a tape recorder, turn it on, and talk to whatever is there. Ask it what's wrong. Ask it if it doesn't like you, or something. Stuff like that. Then later on, play the tape back and see if you got any EVPs on the tape. (EVPs are Electronic Voice Phenomenon, basically the voices of the dead. It has been scientifically proven that whatever the sources of EVPs, they aren't human, as EVPs are recorded at a frequency lower than any human can speak at.)

I don't see why not, but during the day there tends to be more ambient noise, such as critters making noise outside somewhere. Even during the winter, the sun can melt the snow a bit, and that can cause ambient noise. But technically, it should be possible.

Something new has been happening.

Water is appearing everywhere.

There are wet spots on the carpets (no pets in the house, and all the people are house trained :) ), water dripping from the ceiling in my room (it hasn't rained, and an inspection of the attic turned up a small puddle of water-source unknown), every day (for the past 3 or 4) rolls of TP (toilet paper) have gotten soaked clean through on the spool (no water near them). The sink in the bathroom fills up to overflowing without the taps being on (there is no leak) during the night, and when my nephew went to bed last night, there was a large wet spot on his mattress.

I'm thinking of borrowing a friend's camcorder and placing it in the bathroom to catch the sink filling up. :(

As usual nothing scary, just annoying.