Sign in to follow this  
LordOfTheBorg

Can you help me?

COMPUTER TECHIES! I need help. I got this crappy ms-dos computer for free, but i dunno how to get it to boot from a CD. If anyone can help, or give me a website, i would greatly appreciate it! (I want to boot to linux on it)

Yeah, i erased DOS offa it, but it still doesn't want to boot from CD... :naughty: I guess i'll have to get a bigger hard drive and install linux or something. But, if anyone can give me any tips or hints, please do.

If you have erased the operating system from it, the CD has nothing to run from. Inset it into your drive, and a window should appear which reads something like 'do you want to install or repair...?'. Click install. You should be then taken through a wizard, asking the date, time, language etc you wish to use.

I have installed operating systems before, if you would like further help...just ask... :naughty:

Edited by xXTrekkieCaraXx

It shouldnt matter if it has no operating system cause your booting from CD not your Hard Drive. To boot from CD go into your BIOS and change first boot drive from IDE 0 to CD. That should sort it.