Sign in to follow this  
LordOfTheBorg

STF.net blog?

we have logs here anyhow!

blog is a shortening of web log (perhpas contraction is better) and we have that in personal loghs, I am happy as is.

blog

Definition

blog

A frequent, chronological publication of personal thoughts and Web links.

Information

A blog is often a mixture of what is happening in a person's life and what is happening on the Web, a kind of hybrid diary/guide site, although there are as many unique types of blogs as there are people.

People maintained blogs long before the term was coined, but the trend gained momentum with the introduction of automated published systems, most notably Blogger at blogger.com. Thousands of people use services such as Blogger to simplify and accelerate the publishing process.

Blogs are alternatively called web logs or weblogs. However, "blog" seems less likely to cause confusion, as "web log" can also mean a server's log files.

These are here under personal logs Wally. B)

I have a blog (livejournal) and my personal log here. Like others have said, they're really the same thing. B)

Edited by Ace

I like to use a good old fashioned journal if I have something to write about. Usually when I have something to write about it isn't very pleasant or is just very wrought with emotion, therefore I don't exactly like to broadcast it across the net. I just like to chat with my close friends about it.

I like my log here, so I really don't need a blog. They are really one in the same.