Sign in to follow this  
Dark Reality

Star Trek wallpapers?

By a good wallpaper, I tend to require at least a resolution of 1280x1024. This isn't 1996, and 640x480 and 800x600 aren't desktop sizes, they're digital photo sizes. No one should have a desktop smaller than 1024x768 on a laptop or 1280x1024 on a 17"+ monitor. For that matter, the image should be fairly sharp. Not grainy or otherwise crap.

I'm really looking for DS9 wallpapers because that is what I'm watching. But I'll take any TNG and Voyager wallpapers I can get. ENT if they look cool. TOS if they look cool, too, but I expect TOS wallpapers to be grainy by default. Rendered 1701s and 1701-As would be cool, though.

I'd prefer promo pix if I can get them. Wallpapers made from episodes suck. I've got a few I took screen captures from. Too grainy.

I also don't like wallpapers with people on them. Though I do have two Jeri Ryan/Voyager wallpapers... I just have them to have them, I would never put them on my desktop. And "crew" ones are out, too. If they have text, that's cool... only if it's easy to remove. Firstly, I like to use the negative/null space for icons and Konfabulator widgets, and second, I have the Windows XP version info in the lower right and wouldn't want text messing that up.

No one should have a desktop smaller than 1024x768 on a laptop or 1280x1024 on a 17"+ monitor. 

B) B) I use 800x600, on both my laptop and regular computer. Easier for me to see both with and without my glasses.

A lot of places have a choice for different screen sizes.Honestly have not searched much in the way of Trek wallpapers, but for my Evanescence wallpapers and Final Fantasy they gave you two or three choices on screen size.

I have some Final Fantasy wallpapers. B) (7 and 9 specifically... no that's not meant as a reference to Seven of Nine, though I just thought of that...). I might have one Evanescence wallpaper, but I doubt it... Like I said, I don't like wallpapers with people in them. I have about 3.5GB of wallpapers... at one point I downloaded a 2.8GB archive of thousands of wallpapers. But none of it was "copyrighted" stuff, e.g. Star Trek wallpapers. All photography or digital art.

Evanescence, huh? I hope you know they have more than two albums out. Heh heh heh... Wow, that's a gold mine if I've ever seen one! They have a previous album, 4 or 5 EPs, demos, songs not from an album or from a compilation.... Tons of stuff. They even have the esteemed notoriety of a rumor of a forbidden song. It's full of hot air -- just try researching it on Google -- but it's funny to think you have something you're not supposed to. In reality it's just a demo, just Amy Lee and the piano. There are three such songs, one being the "original" My Immortal.

Total thread hijack, but it's my thread and I like just the idea of introducing someone to a good band's unreleased stuff. I remember how excited I was when I first listened to all of it...

Further thread hijacking, I have a couple hundred homemade music videos, a lot with Final Fantasy, some with Evanescence, and some with both. The Final Fantasy X-2/demo of Whisper video ROCKS. (Except for the Japanese speaking at the end, and that it shows the end of the game.)

have you tried making your own wallpapers? i've made my own before. i do have a ds9 one i made if your interested? that's the best way i've gotten exactly the design i wanted by making it. good luck on your wallpaper search.

tm :tribble:

How do you make your own? Or should I say, from where can you get hi-res pictures of the ships and station to make wallpapers with?

I've made a few by taking screenshots from the episodes themselves, but the quality isn't so good. It looks OK but what I'd really like is a proper 1600x1200 razor-sharp rendering of a ship or station, with some stars and maybe some kind of stellar phenomenon.

i use software like photoshop,paint shop pro,paint, etc. i do a google search for the pictures i'm interested in and then go from there. i don't try to use screenshots unless i really like it and it's good resoultion. i mostly use photoshop to make my design the size i want so i could make it 1024X768 i or whatever size if i wanted to.i can also resize things to my interest. if you'd like i think the one ds9 design i made it is something you might like not sure on the size. i will send it to you later. if you'd like?

tm :dude:

i always use google. my problem is sometimes i like more than one pick someties i will combine elements of the pictures into my own piece of work.

i use software like photoshop,paint shop pro,paint, etc. i do a google search for the pictures i'm interested in and then go from there. i don't try to use screenshots unless i really like it and it's good resoultion. i mostly use photoshop to make my design the size i want so i could make it 1024X768 i or whatever size if i wanted to.i can also resize things to my interest. if you'd like i think the one ds9 design i made it is something you might like not sure on the size. i will send it to you later. if you'd like?

349918[/snapback]

I'd be more than happy to acquire a new DS9 wallpaper. I run my desktop at 1792x1344.

I suppose if you use something that makes 3D models to make the ships, you could make them as big as you want... it would be really nice if ST.com just gave away such models for people to use for such things as wallpapers and screensavers, but I guess they have to worry about copyright issues, as if someone might throw some ST ships in a game or something.