Sign in to follow this  
Captain Jean-Luc Picard

Time Travel

Greetings all, we allready have a "time travel" thread on the science/technology board, but I'd like to see your opinions on time travel itself, if you think it'd be possible, would you do it, when would you go, and so on.

So, who has an interrest in time travel?

Recommended movies for a good fun time travel story:

Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home

Star Trek: First Contact

The Time Machine

Back to the Future

Back to the Future Part II

Back to the Future Part III

Considering we were cooking over open flames a century ago, and now we're using something called "microwaves", I'm beginning to think just about anything's possible. Whether it would be wise to time-travel is another matter.

If I could be assured that it would cause no damage to the timeline, I would do it. I would probably go to the future, to see how it really turns out.

My only fear is we'd create a black-hole by accident! ;) That, or we'd mess up history by someone doing one stupid and critical thing, boom, we'd have a major paradox to clean up, provided the time machine didn't get erased from time along with the rest of the mangled timeline. ;)

My only fear is we'd create a black-hole by accident! ;) That, or we'd mess up history by someone doing one stupid and critical thing, boom, we'd have a major paradox to clean up, provided the time machine didn't get erased from time along with the rest of the mangled timeline. ;)

I would think it would have to be closely monitored and studied before any attempts were made to accomplish it. It has the potential to really mess things up.

Stardate:213501.9

I think anything is possible.I would go but i dont know where(or rather when)I would go.

I'd love a time machine. I'd go into the future to see if Great Bird was right!