Sign in to follow this  
Xero328

Robin Lefler

I'm in love with her, granted, but isn't she the BEST character? Cute, bright, quirky, great for the show. I mean, yeah she gets it on with Wes, but come ON. She has enough qualities to redeem her of that digression. Anyone read the New Frontier series with her in them? Man, I LOVE how they got into her mother and all that stuff. I don't want to spoil it all, but I keep rereading them. I got all 16 plus the Gateways and all that, and I can't put 'em down. Calhoun is me, point-blank. They STOLE my character. I have been writing my novel series for over 15 years, and my captain is almost identical in attitude to Calhoun. Well, that's enough of that. Robin would have been great as the regular helmsman on the Enterprise. Allenby was fine in her stint, but Lefler...Come ON. And before you say she is an engineer, well, La Forge was there before, REMEMBER? What kind of cross-training was THAT? Steer the ship, now go fix the engines? Whatever...Holler back guys, anxious to hear from ya.

I liked the character of Robin Lefler too in the brief time we saw her on TNG. Too bad she wasn't made a regular recurring character..Glad she lives on in the novels..

Yeah, she was a good addition to the crew on the couple of episodes she was on. I don't think I've seen Ashley Judd in anything I didn't like though.

Lefler was a charming character.

They should have made her a regular (as CONN) and got rid of the insipid Deanna Troi, but Ashley Judd became a star not too long afterwards.

And rightly so IMO, because I like Ashley Judd.

As far as "child" crewmen aboard ships goes,Lefler was the best.

Better than The Great and Powerful Wesley,anyway.

Her character is in the Excalibur books,right?

(Didn't Peter David just collect all of Enterprise-D's second stringers and form a crew out of them?

Not that that's a bad thing.....not very original,but not bad.)

Edited by admiralpeewee

I do not like Ashley Judd, mostly because I have heard she will not admit was ever on Star Trek.

I doubt she'd try and hide it, since it was her big break.

This rumour that she won't admit she guest starred on Star Trek came from an interview Jonathan Frakes did with TVGuide that was posted on TrekTODAY

Not sure whether I believe him or not. He may have just been kidding.

Then again, the episode did portray her falling for Wesley frickin Crusher (as if :tribble: ) and I'm sure that's enough to embarass any rational woman.