Sign in to follow this  
wyll

despreately seeking lost star trek shareware game*

Hi guys,

I know this is a long shot but about ten years ago a Star Trek shareware game was released, I think only for apple macs, but maybe for PC too. Basically you were able to captain the next generation enterprise and the object was to travel to all the various worlds and rescue all the inhabitants by beaming them up before a borg cube destroyed them all. Depending on your success you gained a different score and rating like admiral 'X' etc. The game had about three or four windows, a main action window displaying the ship and the planets, a window denoting the status of the ships engines and shields, and a window allowing you to select warp and impulse speeds as well as fire phasers and photon torpedos. I think the background colour to the navigation and fire control window was a light blue colour. The game also had wormholes. klingon and romulan warbirds that would decloak and attack you whilst you were trying to rescue the planets' inhabitants.

It was a brilliant game that i got from a mac shareware disc with 'macworld/ macformat or macuser.' Sadly my mac died and i lost it. Does anyone still have it? Know what it was called or where I can get it? I would be eternally greatful if I could get it and get a PC compatible version.

Any info or leads welcome,

live long and prosper

best

wyll

I have been told from a reliable source that this game you're describing is called "Rescue!". He also says that because it was Shareware, the real Trek names weren't used (replaced by Rumulans, etc.).

After he told me this, I took the liberty of doing a yahoo search, and came across this page: http://members.aol.com/levatino/bonus.html

I believe this is the game. If it is, you will have to check for some kind of emulation software so you can play it. If it isn't, then sorry. I look forward to a reply.

****That's it "Rescue!."****

Thank your good self and your friend. I had really given up hope of finding it and it is an understatement to say that you have made my day. Thanks too for the download link. I will look into emulation software immediately but I've been told it's tricky stuff.

Still, as long as I have the game name and the file, then when funds allow I will consider investing in a new mac.

Thank you once again,

best

Wyll

Thank you to all who replied.

The game was actually called 'Rescue' my good comrade above pointed out.

It's a brilliant little desktop game - if you own a MAC get it now from the link in the message above.

For now,

look after yourselves and the universe

best

wyll