Sign in to follow this  
zipkirk1966

All Good Things Another question

HI all

I have watched this episode so many times I'm pretty much sick of it LOL anyway what was the purpose of Q doing what he did to picard I know I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed but it has bother me for some time and never really talk to anyone about it so now is the time lol.

Many Thanks.

Brian

ahhh ok l see your point but the thing about that is are the Q's afaid of us humans becoming them there is always a story of some advance race that is afraid of some not so advance race becoming them because they won't be the smart or bad one of the galaxy anyway thanks for the responce I have a better Ideal about it now lol

Brian

Either what King said, or Q was bored...Most likely the latter.

343536[/snapback]

It's what King said. At the end of the episode, Q told Picard that it was a test to see if humans were capable of expanding their minds to solve a problem.

and I think Q wanted to help Picard, to keep the Friendships alive, cause all in all Q enjoys the Humans and their Company, especially Picard, I think Q Considers Picard a Firend or a Pet one or the other

Boy they were some lessons I tell you lol the Borg was one mean lesson I love what Q said if you can't take a bloody nose you don't need to be out here or something like that LOL.

Brian

He told them that if they can't stand a little bloody nose maybe they should go home and hide under their bed.

And Wesley Crusher said "That sounds like a great idea!!!!!"

Except for that time when Q was stroking Picard's ear in bed.

I don't think Picard needed THAT particular lesson.

343776[/snapback]

That was hilarious. I love the way Picard pulls the covers up over himself once he realizes that it is Q next to him. LOL

I think it would have been even more hilarious if Q turned into a seductive girl, then started speaking in Q's voice :cheers:

Oh I would have lost it if that would have happen LOL makes you wonder if they added some of the stuff we come up with it might have made the episodes fun to watch lol.

Brian

HI all

I have watched this episode so many times I'm pretty much sick of it LOL anyway what was the purpose of Q doing what he did to picard I know I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed but it has bother me for some time and never really talk to anyone about it so now is the time lol.

Many Thanks.

Brian

343517[/snapback]

As a Buddhist, it seems evident to me that Q was simply adapting himself to the role of Zen Master for the purpose of allowing Picard the chance to, as HRH said, "expand his mind to new posibilities". Q's role in Star Trek has often been as a trickster (not unlike Mr Myxysptlk in the Superman comics), but here he seems to have a specific role in trying to teach Picard something important.

He succeeds, and Picard has been made better for it.

Nicely put and now I have a better understanding about why Q did what he did I knew I could count on you guys lol Many thanks.

Brian-Working on making Lt. Commander

I agree that it was probably a test but the creation of the phenomenon may simply have been because of the Enterprise(s) and Q was actually just helping him to solve the problem. Afterwards covering up his help, and affection for humans, by saying it was just a test.