Sign in to follow this  
Capt_Picard

Odds And Ends

Ken Schram Commentary: Odds And Ends

July 21, 2005

By Ken Schram ken_schram.jpg

SEATTLE - Bits and pieces; odds and ends. Just some random thoughts on a trio of issues. Let's start with Canada, at number one. Dignity and respect are now available to gays and lesbians above the 49th parallel. Gays and lesbians can now be legally married there. Maybe Canadians can teach the U.S. how to get past the petty, small-minded attitude that keeps same-sex marriage out of reach here in the states. I hope so. Number 2: I'm wondering where all those 'noble' politicians were when that excruciatingly violent video game - "Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas" - was released with merely a "Mature" rating. Now that hidden sex scenes have been found in the game, pressure has forced the rating to "Adults Only." Mystifying. No problem with the brutal killing of police officers and children in the game, but throw some sex in the mix and everyone gets their BVD's in a bunch. Can you spell "hypocrite?" Number 3: How about that tunnel they found under the U.S./Canadian border? I've got an idea: Instead of prosecuting the people who dug it, I think the City of Seattle should hire them. I mean, if these people could build something like that for what I bet was not a whole lot of money, I've got only one word for you: Viaduct! Want to share your thoughts with Ken Schram? You can e-mail him at kenschram@komo4news.com

Listen to it here. What do you think?