Sign in to follow this  
joeybear

Transwarp Drive

Whatever happened to the experimental trans-warp drive on the Excelsior? Scotty shorted it out, and then poof! - it just disappears? anyone?.... :laugh:

Stardate:213485.9

I heard that Starfleet tried to test it further but there were too many risks and failures so they decided to stop testing.

didnt they use it in voyager?

i didnt see the episode, but according to the text commentary in the st3:se dvd, it says that the first people to use transwarp were turned into weird lizard-creatures. that was in a voyager episode i geuss. (sounds pretty corny to me. lol. :angry: )

didnt they use it in voyager?

i didnt see the episode, but according to the text commentary in the st3:se dvd, it says that the first people to use transwarp were turned into weird lizard-creatures. that was in a voyager episode i geuss. (sounds pretty corny to me. lol.  :angry: )

That was in referrence to "Threshold". Tom Paris used a Voyager shuttlecraft to break the transwarp barrier and make Warp 10.

Click for Spoiler:

The side effects were he went everywhere in the galaxy at once and super-evolved into a lizard, then took Janeway as a mate... she super-evolved into a lizard too, and they had Lizard babies! :angry:

Anywho, it seems the Borg have it down right by using transwarp conduits.

lizards?!? -that's the lamest storyline closer i've EVER heard of... :(

Well, they weren't "lizards", per say. Tom Paris was evolving millions of years within hours. He didn't evolve into a "lizard" untill he and Janeway found themselves on a swamp planet. :)

lizards?!? -that's the lamest storyline closer i've EVER heard of... :(

It was actually a very good episode...In '95 or '96 Mike Westmore won an Emmy (or some other big award...) for the make-up job he did in it.

Click for Spoiler:

Tom didn't just turn into a lizard, he evolved, and they had to show the process...It was quite gruesome, and amazing at the same time. He died, then grew another heart, and came back, lost his tounge. At one point he was pleading with the Captain from behind a forcefield in sickbay (can't remember about what) he didn't like her response so he tried to attack her...then he nearly choked on his tounge as he lost it. :)

Weird episode, but really well done.

yes a very strange episode indeed. Do you think they ever sent birthday cards to the babies?

:lol: