Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

APW

From The Admiral's Desk...

Spent most of the day checking out my old e-mail addresses,message board identities and my old board (it was a pro wrestling board hosted by invisionfree)...was flabbergasted that most of those things were still active more than 2-years after my last activity. :hug:

Pretty much deleted the old wrestling board,and put the other things to bed as well.

I had about a dozen Yahoo ID's,so I could manage as many fantasy football teams as possible for the '03 season.This year I think I'm just going to stick to a single ID.It's too hard trying to build more than a handful of winning fanball teams,or keeping track of all the different e-mail traffic.

:hug:

Fixed the cooler today.I should be well-prepared the next time hot weather rolls in.

Have nothing planned for tomorrow...truth is,I'm kind of dreading my first 4th of July without all of my family around.I mean,I'll have my sister and little brother,but no one else.We used to be like the Waltons...fifteen people living under a single roof.The holidays were always great.I'm going to try and make sure the kids have fun.If they're happy then I guess I am too. :lol:

Its the 4th of July....

Big deal. :lol:

Will go into town soon and pick up the kids something to eat.They want fish....I can't cook fish,so I'll look for a take-out resteraunt or something.

After dinner,fireworks.

The little mutant spawn of my neighbors have a ton of the illegal kind...I swear if those kids so much as start a small grass fire anywhere near my house... :hug:

Well,okay...not in a great mood today.Nothing much really to log.

Feeling better today.Went into town and paid some bills...always feel better after doing that. :rolleyes:

Well,I was right about the neighbors brood...they torched a small tree on the side of their house.I lent them my extinguisher to put it out.It was really no big deal....I could have probably swatted it out with a blanket,or sprayed it out with a garden hose.

Okay,so that's about it...log off. :laugh:

Woke up to terrible news today.

London's been attacked by terrorists.I feel just as shocked,and angry,and disgusted today as I did on September,11th.

I hope this wakes up the people of the UK to the seriousness of the War against Terrorism...or more aptly,Terrorisms war against all humanity.

I have already heard grumblings of "It's Tony Blair's fault for supporting George Bush,blah,blah,blah..."

I hope and pray the majority of Britons are more intelligent than that.We need their full support to win this war.I think they are.

In fact,I think the terrorists have made the biggest mistakes of their lives.These attacks may spur on the UK the way Pearl Harbor energized an apathetic America in 1941.

My prayers and tears go out to the British.May God comfort and protect them in the days ahead.

:blink:

Don't mean to be a cow, but we knew terrorism a lot better than the rest of the world, we have put up with it since the late 60's. We know the realities of terrorism, we faught the IRA they killed 3000 people. It has only been in the last 4 years that others will help us fight a global problem.

Very happy to see that you are okay.

I've been worried about all of our members from England....yep,even Nordicbearskin... :blink:

Kind of a slow day.

Am cooking a pot of beans for supper,and a pan of cornbread.

Will watch Stephen King's "Cats Eye" in about an hour.Have seen it a million and one times before,but haven't watched my new DVD of it yet.

Well,not much else to log.

Somethings wrong with one of my kittens....

I noticed that she was sleeping a lot yesterday (she's been very active for a 3-month old).When she woke up today she was holding her head at an angle,and her head keeps bobbing around as if she can't control it...other than that she's eating and drinking as usual,but no longer playing or hanging around with her littermates.....

I had an adult cat that did this same thing years ago.She was fine and then it was as if she had had a stroke or something in her sleep.She spent the next 6 years of her life with the shaking head problem,but otherwise she was fine.

Hell,I don't know....

Will go and see the Vet Monday morning.

SSDD.

Am off to town to see the veterenarian and to pick up some things at the grocery store.Will be back here later today.

:)

I hope the kitten's going to be alright. I've got to take one of my own dogs to the vet tomorrow, so good luck to the both of them.

And belated congrats on the 500th! :)

Thanks,Ace.

I've run into this illness before,whatever it is.But I've never had a trained veterenarian diagnose the problem.Vet's are so expensive.

I had a cat live a pretty full life with this "shaking sickness" before....

I just wonder what causes it,how to prevent it,etc.

I wonder if it's genetic.A product of in-breeding. :)

My kitten's health issues are most likely genetic,the result of too much in-breeding between the neighborhood cat population.The vet wanted to run more tests,but I couldn't afford the three-hundred dollars he wanted to perform them.

But I am going to finally have my cats spayed.Should have done it before now...

Not much else to log.

Almost dawn and I'm still awake.

Just humid enough to be uncomfortable.... :)

I spent most of the night sitting up with my little brother.He saw something in his room yesterday night that scared him.He won't tell me what.....I wish he would.

He finally got to sleep,so I clicked on the PC and here I am. :)

Pretty good day.

Nothing really happened of interest,but I feel good and everythings all right at home.Thank God. :laugh:

I've been listening to my old CD's all day (Conway Twitty,George Jones,Tom T. Hall,The Oakridge Boys...) and singing along....driving the kids crazy,I have a horrible singing voice. :eekout:

That's about it,I suppose.Until next time,this is the Admiral...logging out.

Almost dawn and I'm still awake.

Just humid enough to be uncomfortable.... :P

I spent most of the night sitting up with my little brother.He saw something in his room yesterday night that scared him.He won't tell me what.....I wish he would.

He finally got to sleep,so I clicked on the PC and here I am. :P

338787[/snapback]

:P WHAT????

You'd better be talking about our nephew,and not me....

(our oldest nephew practically grew up with...."the admiral" and me,we sometimes call him our little brother.Seems that way to us anyway....he has Downs Syndrome..great kid.I love him loads.So does "the admiral".)

I've been listening to my old CD's all day (Conway Twitty,George Jones,Tom T. Hall,The Oakridge Boys...) and singing along....driving the kids crazy,I have a horrible singing voice. :P

339306[/snapback]

Good Lord,you told the truth on this one "admiral"....

I'd rather hear your cats going through "Ponn Farr".... :P

Now,me...I can sing. :P

SSDD.

Not much new to log.

Just that I will be really busy most of this upcoming week and probably won't be here often. :lol:

I suppose conundrum will have to keep you all company.

Nothing new or interesting to log.

Long day.Very tired.Listened to Conundrum rant about this board.....at length :(

Going to bed now.

Keep Trekkin!

:(

Woke up to bad news....James "Scotty" Doohan has died.

Very,very sad.

Worked a half-day,and came home.Have been watching tv,cooking,and browsing the Internet for the past couple of hours.

Conundrum went fishing today with some friends.Probably won't be back in until late.I don't think he knows about Jimmy Doohan.He doesn't know a lot about 'Trek,but he liked Scotty.

Now,I'm going to work on Josh's site,an entertainment-themed board (movies,and television mostly).

Will be back here later on today.

So many good people die. Sometimes I wish that the bad people would go first. It really makes you think how life can go by so fast.....

I'm really ticked off at Symantec,right now.

I paid $50 for Norton antivirus 2005,and found out after I installed it that it doesn't even come with a firewall.For Norton Personal Firewall,I'll have to shell out more money....

I should have stuck with McAfee. :cheers:

Am going with H.G. Wells,Teddy Roosevelt,and Ernest Hemmingway to Mars by hot-air balloon to study the canals.....

Wish me a safe journey!

I'll bring home souvenirs....in a few years

bye-bye.

The Admiral. :)

You're so werid...............but youre cool at the same time lol.

345017[/snapback]

People tell me that all the time.

:laugh:

I must not have logged out earlier today,because when I got back online a few minutes ago and came here,my name was still in the active members list. :laugh: