Sign in to follow this  
TransporterMalfunction

Popular?

How popular is Enterprise in the US? How does it fair with other shows?

Over in here in the UK there seems to be a lot more people into the show as it seems to have lost that stigma of being uncool to like Trek. Perhaps it is the change in style of the title theme or fan loyality from those who also liked Quantum Leap, but whatever it is Enterprise seems to be branching out to people who did not like Star Trek before.

Stardate:213471.1

As far as the popularity in the US goes Enterprise may not be very popular right now but i belive that will change soon.

It's not as popular as it should and could be. There's so many viewing options available to the public now though. I mean you can watch a cooking contest on the Food Channel or a home design contest on another or any other topic on 200 other channels. The competition now is very high.

It's not as popular as it should and could be. There's so many viewing options available to the public now though. I mean you can watch a cooking contest on the Food Channel or a home design contest on another or any other topic on 200 other channels. The competition now is very high.

Aw, but there's nothing better than Star Trek on, though. What stimulates the mind more? What expands the horizons of your thinking more? I don't watch much of anything else. Except for a few animes. There's never anything good on, anymore. Brings a whole new meaning to 200 channels and nothing to watch. -.-;;

Aw, but there's nothing better than Star Trek on, though. What stimulates the mind more? What expands the horizons of your thinking more? I don't watch much of anything else. Except for a few animes. There's never anything good on, anymore. Brings a whole new meaning to 200 channels and nothing to watch. -.-;;

For me, there's just Star Trek, Stargate, and a family drama for down-to-Earth TV. B) I don't really watch any other shows. It'll be a sad day when Trek & Stargate come to an end, but hey... at least I'll have whatever family-drama's on at the time to watch. :lol:

I don't know about the popularity of ENT in my area, but let me add this:

I work in a university library in the US, and in my department alone there are 4 Trekkies/Trekkers out of a staff total of 6. This includes both the dept. head and the assistant librarian. In the other departments, there are an average of 2 per department. I would say Trek is alive and well here. And... who ever said librarians are dull and boring.

Not to mant ppl seem to care about Enterpriser in my neck of the woods...seems there dissapointed in the lousy storylines...imo

How popular is Enterprise in the US? How does it fair with other shows?

Over in here in the UK there seems to be a lot more people into the show as it seems to have lost that stigma of being uncool to like Trek. Perhaps it is the change in style of the title theme or fan loyality from those who also liked Quantum Leap, but whatever it is Enterprise seems to be branching out to people who did not like Star Trek before.

Accordion to it's ratings it ****'s. I know you did not ask but I think the reason is because of the "Altered Timeline" tptb claim ENT exists in.

I would say that ENT could be doing better in terms of ratings because UPN does not broadcast everywhere in the US, but besides that I think it also comes from the fact that ENT does not appeal to many people.

I have talked to some people about the show and a lot of them responded by saying something like this “I’m surprised that it is still on TV. The show just does not appeal to me.” That is the typical response that I get. Most of these people have watched ST a lot, but would not necessarily consider themselves “hard core fans.”

I always stress the fact that I think ENT needs better writing. If we have that, then I think ENT can take off. I also wish (but won’t happen) that ENT was on NBC like it was before. I think the ratings would be better overall, but I guess we will have to stick with the show on UPN.

Master Q

StarTrek_Master_Q@yahoo.com

I think many Star Trek fans support Enterprise whether they are into it or not, simple because it's part of the Trek history. I personally watch it because I am a Trekkie. I does not do for me what watching TNG or Voyager did, but I support Star Trek. So at times I watch Enterprise. In the USA, I don't think Enterprise is bringing in a bunch of new fans at all. If the writing was better, and there wasn't so much competition from other networks....MAYBE things would be a bit different. :laugh:

Enterprise has just started broadcasting here in Sweden, and sometimes I hear people talking about it, and some of my friends really enjoy it. I guess there is just to much competition these days..