Sign in to follow this  
Tyra00

AIM, MSN, etc....

a few days ago my sister got Instant Messaged by a girl named Priscilla. Priscilla told her that everyone in her grade hated her, and that in fact she was the most hated girl in school. my sister, who doesn't usually care what anyone thinks, was kinda upset about this. I have a couple questions about this:

One- Was this an indirect way of Priscilla telling her that she [Priscilla] hated her?

Two- Should something be done about IM?

I don't usually use IM. i prefer to talk to people on the phone.

IM was deleted by my dad a day later.

There are tons more cases about this. Another one is where a girl named Ali (short for Allison) IMed Priscilla (yea, Priscilla i in every one of these stories, well, not EVERY one) and told her she was a b*tch (which is the truth). Priscilla didn't care, but two months later, Priscilla was mad at Ali because Ali didn't invite her to this super-big party. so she printed out a copy of the message, and gave it to the principal, acting all sad and stuff. Ali got detention for a month.

The last one that i have off hand is where Priscilla IMed Sydney (they used to be best friends, but now they hate each other. well, Sydney hates Priscilla) and called her a lot of names.

Sydney doesn't use IM anymore.

Unless they are on your friend list

you can delete the message just like

your e mail know reason to read or respond

to it.

I'm a bit confused. How did the one girl get a month's detention for IMing someoen and telling they hated her? As long as it wasn't done on class time, why did the school have to get involved?

I'm a bit confused. How did the one girl get a month's detention for IMing someoen and telling they hated her? As long as it wasn't done on class time, why did the school have to get involved?

327852[/snapback]

the school has a thing about IM. they think it's destructive. yea, it's a wacked out school.

327852[/snapback]

the school has a thing about IM. they think it's destructive. yea, it's a wacked out school.

327864[/snapback]

Next thing you know, school will be suspending students for making prenk calls.

Things were so much eaiser when I was in school :P