Sign in to follow this  
A l t e r E g o

Blink of an Eye

What rating would you give "Blink of an Eye"?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. What rating would you give "Blink of an Eye"?

• 5. It's great, I loved it!
    • 4. It's good
    • 3. It's average
    • 2. It's not that good
    • 1. I hated it!

Production: 233

Season: 6 Episode: 12

DVD Disc: 3

Air Date: 01.19.2000

Stardate: Unknown

Review Pending...

Cast:

Kate Mulgrew as Kathryn Janeway

Robert Beltran as Chakotay

Roxann Dawson as B'Elanna Torres

Robert Duncan McNeill as Tom Paris

Ethan Phillips as Neelix

Robert Picardo as The Doctor

Tim Russ as Tuvok

Jeri Ryan as Seven of Nine

Garrett Wang as Harry Kim

Guest Cast:

Melik Malkasian as Shaman

Walter H. McCready as Tribal Alien

Obi Ndefo as Protector

Olaf Pooley as Cleric

Daniel Zacapa as Astronomer

Jon Cellini as Technician

Daniel Dae Kim as Pilot

Kat Sawyer-Young as Astronaut

Creative Staff:

Director: Gabrielle Beaumont

Teleplay By: Scott Miller & Joe Menosky

Story By: Michael Taylor

Related Items:

None

Now this has to be the best one so far. It seems to take off on the same idea as the Star Trek TNG epsiode "Inner Light" in which Picard lives a man's full life in 25 minutes, long my favorite TNG episode, and now that I'm reading about ST online, finding it's generally a fan favorite. "Blink of an Eye" takes the same idea a step further. It's not as good, yet good for the same reasons. The plot is much simpler, though.

Voyager comes in contact with a planet that looks like nothing you've ever seen, and each second that passes on Voyager is a day down on the planet. Voyager gets trapped in the atmosphere, and the episode begins with cavemen seeing a new star in the sky. They worship all the stars, and Voyager is the brightest by far, so they think it's the leader of their gods. The Prime Directive goes (albeit unintentionally) right out the window as this society bases its whole existence around Voyager, from what little they know and what all they assume about it.

Again, best Voyager episode so far. :cheers: I give it a 6.

Great episode. Voyager gets stuck in the orbit of a weird planet which has a time variant, so a second or two on Voyager is a day on the planet. The people of the planet have speculated voyager ever since. Not only that but Voyager's being there causes earthquakes to happen on the planet's surface. When the people of the planet finally discover space travel, they send Jin from Lost to study Voyager (he obviously escaped the island) and he ends up saving them. Again, a great episode.

Sign in to follow this