Sign in to follow this  
VaBeachGuy

Business as Usual

What rating would you give "Business as Usual"?  

2 members have voted

1. 1. What rating would you give "Business as Usual"?

• 5. It's great, I loved it!
    • 4. It's good
    • 3. It's average
    • 2. It's not that good
    • 1. I hated it!

Season: 5

Episode No: 516

Episode Name: Business As Usual

Director: Siddig El Fadil (Alexander Siddig)

Written By: Bradley Thompson & David Weddle

Original Air Date: 04.07.1997

Quark is completely broke because of the FCA ban on doing business with him. He could face losing the bar and everything he owns if he doesn't come up with funds to pay off his mounting debt.

Just when things look their bleakest cousin Gaila arrives and proposes a business deal. Since Gaila has tried to kill him in the past (Season 4 episode Little Green Men) Quark is not completely trusting of his cousin.

With no other options left to him though Quark must trust his cousin and accept is offer. Gaila proposes that he join him in selling weapons, which is a very lucrative business but Quark points out that dealing weapons from the station would be impossible. Gaila explains his plan, which is to use Quarks Holosuites to demonstrate holographic representations of the weapons and to use Quarks "people skills" to entertain their prospective clients.

Quark agrees and Gaila introduces him to his associate Hagath, who immediately likes Quark, but is quick to warn him to never cross him.

PDVD_356.jpg

PDVD_355.jpgPDVD_359.jpg

PDVD_381.jpgPDVD_388.jpg

PDVD_398.jpg

I loved this one. Quark and his cousin Gaila are employed by a charming if not immoral arms dealer in this ep. Quark really shows us that he has a conscience regarding the taking of lives- could it be that he places conscience above profit? maybe. I enjoyed the twist ending in which Quark sets up the two warring factions to meet each other,thus provoking a shooting match. Quark may have caused a few fatalities as a result, but in the process he may have saved millions. Now isn't that good for business? :) :)

4. If nothing else, this was an important plateau. They needed to get his creditors off his back, or else it'd make for a hackneyed set of future eps. So they take care of this, and make his only creditor the Federation for the destruction of the Cargo Bay. I respect his episode for that, but I didn't really love it. But nice working of plot devices to keep Quark out of jail.