Sign in to follow this  
VaBeachGuy

Turnabout Intruder

What rating would you give "Turnabout Intruder"?  

7 members have voted

1. 1. What rating would you give "Turnabout Intruder"?

• 5. It's great, I loved it!
    • 4. It's good
    • 3. It's average
    • 2. It's not that good
    • 1. I hated it!

Production: 079

Season: 3 Episode: 24

DVD Disc: 6

Air Date: 06.03.1969

Stardate: 5928.5

Review not yet available.

Cast:

William Shatner as James T. Kirk

Leonard Nimoy as Spock

DeForest Kelley as Leonard H. McCoy

James Doohan as Montgomery Scott

Walter Koenig as Pavel Andreievich Chekov

George Takei as Hikaru Sulu

Guest Cast:

Sandra Smith as Dr. Janice Lester

Harry Landers as Dr. Arthur Coleman

Majel Barrett as Christine Chapel

Barbara Baldavin as Communications Officer

David L. Ross as Lt. Galloway

John Boyer as Guard

Majel Barrett as Computer Voice

Creative Staff:

Director: Herb Wallerstein

Teleplay By: Arthur H. Singer

Story By: Gene Roddenberry

Related Items:

Benecia Colony

Camus II

life-energy transfer

Potemkin, U.S.S. (NCC-1657)

5. Fantastic acting from Shatner and Sandra Smith....for Shatner to act like someone else trying to pass themself off as Kirk, for Smith to absorb as much of Kirk's personality and bring it out, beautiful. Majel Barrett didn't look like herself, but hey, if that's her, so be it. Wonderful work from Kelley, Doohan, Koenig, Takei and Nimoy. Playing their characters wonderfully at the right moment to make the Lester in Kirk crumble with her command around her. Spectacular episode, period. Just wonder where Nichols was when this episode was filmed.

Not a bad episode at all for Season 3. This was the last episode ever filmed for TOS and they went out with a good one. Great acting all around. Times and attitudes sure changed quickly between women in TOS not being able to command a starship and Rachel Garrett commanding the Enterprise-C.

A great ep. I really thought that this one gets a bad rap. Neat premise and everyone got a part in this ep(except Uhura who did not appear). The only bad part of this ep is a comment regarding starfleets refusal of having women as captains. Otherwise, a fun ep.

I give Turnabout Intruder a vote of 'It's good'.

320x240.jpg

This episode I'm sure gets a worse review from many fans. I thought it has that unique TOS charm of daring to be different.

Edited by DaboGirl

Enterprise Canon Destruction: Lester's statements about women being unable to command starships has been the source of controversy given that by the 23rd century humanity was supposed to have moved beyond chauvinism. Roddenberry regretted that line in the episode. On the series Enterprise series the Columbia had a female Captain named Erika Hernandez many years before Turnabout Intruder in the Trek timeline.

turnabout15.jpg

Captain Kirk filing his nails. ;)

“Your world of starship captains doesn’t admit women.” - Janice Lester

May have been a result of Dr. Lester being coo-coo for Coco Puffs :blush2: , but Kirk seems to reaffirm it with his response and there’s no evidence in TOS to believe that she hasn’t stated a fact.

turnabout29.jpg

Sign in to follow this