Sign in to follow this  
Wishfire

Celestia

I don't know who's heard of Celestia (or even if there's already been a thread for it) but it's a really great program. It contains over 100,000 stars, each of which you can visit. Some of those stars have planets you can examine. And yes, all those stars and planets exist. So you can examine Alpha Centauri, then go and take a look at one of Jupiter's moons, and then go and check out asteroid Ida (that's the one with a moon called Dactyl). And you can take and save pictures of anything you wish. Here a picture of the Earth seen from close to the moon's surface.

Click For Spoiler
Moonearth.jpg

(I used a spolier because the image is pretty large.)

If that's not enough, you can download extra objects to expand the Celestia universe, some real, some fictional. For instance... here's a couple more pictures, of a Constitution-class Starship in pursuit of a Klingon Bird of Prey.

Click For Spoiler
ConstBoP.jpg

ConstBoP2.jpg

Pretty cool, in my opinion.

The best part of Celestia... it's completely free! :dude:

Here's a link to the Celestia home page. And you can download add-ons from this site.

I hope you all enjoy it as much as I do.

Here's another picture from Celestia....

Click For Spoiler
Borgworld.jpg

This one is a Borg world with a Borg moon. The small white dots around the moon are Borg cubes from a great distance.

I downloaded this a few days before I saw this post...You're right, it's a wonderful program. After seeing your screenshots I'm definitely going to download the add-ins!

:(

I downloaded this a few days before I saw this post...You're right, it's a wonderful program. After seeing your screenshots I'm definitely going to download the add-ins!

:frusty:

329552[/snapback]

Just so you know, the U.S.S. Constituion and the Klingon BoP are in the Romulan pack. For some reason they're in orbit around Romulus.

Can you tell me how to find DS9 once you install it?

329778[/snapback]

There's several different addons that have DS9 in them. I don't remember which one I got, but it had a readme file in it that stated which system it was in.