Sign in to follow this  
VaBeachGuy

For the World Is Hollow and I Have Touched the Sky

What rating would you give "For the World Is Hollow and I Have Touched the Sky"?  

2 members have voted

1. 1. What rating would you give "For the World Is Hollow and I Have Touched the Sky"?

• 5. It's great, I loved it!
    • 4. It's good
    • 3. It's average
    • 2. It's not that good
    • 1. I hated it!

Production: 065

Season: 3 Episode: 8

DVD Disc: 2

Air Date: 11.08.1968

Stardate: 5476.3

Official review not yet available.

Cast:

William Shatner as James T. Kirk

Leonard Nimoy as Spock

DeForest Kelley as Leonard H. McCoy

James Doohan as Montgomery Scott

Walter Koenig as Pavel Andreievich Chekov

Nichelle Nichols as Uhura

George Takei as Hikaru Sulu

Majel Barrett as Christine Chapel

Guest Cast:

Kate Woodville as Natira

Creative Staff:

Director: Tony Leader

Written By: Rik Vollaerts

Related Items:

Daran V

Fabrini

Yonada

Y'know, as annoying as it gets with the anti-religion bit, this wasn't really a bad episode. I'm kind of a sucker for McCoy stories, and the story involving McCoy was great: the choices he has to make and the problems he faces. The curing of the xenopolycythemia was a little contrived, but it was as it had to be, really. The Oracle room was actually pretty stupid. How can an oracle that is oblivious to strangers in the room unless activated by stepping on a platform be aware of thoughts, and yet be powered by computer. Goes for the slam so far that it wrecks the periphery surrounding the actual love story, which really should have been the central focus all along.

Still, I give it a three.

Not a bad episode. I found the concept of a race of beings unaware that they were on a spaceship facinating. The cure for McCoy was indeed contrived but you knew that he had to be cured by the end of the episode...lol. I also agree with the points made about the Oracle. I wonder if any novels ever dealt with the aftermath of this episode where they finally ended up at their destination? I wouldn't be surprised.

Sign in to follow this